Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How can I check what images I have posted?

I don't want to repost images that I have previously posted, but haven't found a way to search for and check my previous posts.
Is there a way to do this?

Cheers,
Terry

10-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, Terry, there is. The previous photos are under "Album photos | Attachments".

1. Click "Post reply" to create the post in which you want to include the photos. (It's easier this way than using "Quick reply").
2. Click the link "Insert Album Photos" (just to the right of the box for the text of the reply.) This brings up another window (on my browser anyway) headed "Insert Photos and Images".
3. In the "Insert Photos ..." window, click in the first drop-down box and select "Attachments". This will bring up thumbnails of your previous attachments in reverse order of when they were posted (most recent first).
4. Choose the option you want in the second drop-down box in the "Insert Photos ..." window. The default, "Original only" will probably be the right one.
5. Click on the photo you want to attach. (It might seem nothing happens, but the photo will be in the post. it's easy to click twice by mistake.)
6. Preview post, then submit.

I just followed these steps to add this photo.

If you want to find posts where you have posted particular photos, that's a bit more tricky. I can only think of using advanced search to find all your own previous posts. Or in your liked posts if you think the posts were liked.

Last edited by Des; 10-12-2017 at 03:20 PM.
10-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Yes, Terry, there is. The previous photos are under "Album photos | Attachments".

1. Click "Post reply" to create the post in which you want to include the photos. (It's easier this way than using "Quick reply").
2. Click the link "Insert Album Photos" (just to the right of the box for the text of the reply.) This brings up another window (on my browser anyway) headed "Insert Photos and Images".
3. In the "Insert Photos ..." window, click in the first drop-down box and select "Attachments". This will bring up thumbnails of your previous attachments in reverse order of when they were posted (most recent first).
4. Choose the option you want in the second drop-down box in the "Insert Photos ..." window. The default, "Original only" will probably be the right one.
5. Click on the photo you want to attach. (It might seem nothing happens, but the photo will be in the post. it's easy to click twice by mistake.)
6. Preview post, then submit.

I just followed these steps to add this photo.

If you want to find posts where you have posted particular photos, that's a bit more tricky. I can only think of using advanced search to find all your own previous posts. Or in your liked posts if you think the posts were liked.
Des, I hope I haven't misunderstood your reply, but I know how to post an image.
I want to check which images I have posted in the past, so that I don't repeat post.
I have been through the search procedures but nothing I have tried turns up images I have posted, only my text posts.

Cheers,
Terry
10-12-2017, 03:50 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At the bottom of the My Activity tab, click on attachments. It shows a list of all the photos you’ve attached to a post.

10-12-2017, 06:56 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
At the bottom of the My Activity tab, click on attachments. It shows a list of all the photos you’ve attached to a post.
Bonza...that was what i was looking for.
Many thanks for that help.

Cheers,
Terry
10-13-2017, 12:30 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you try to attach a file you've already posted (assuming it is identical), the system will inform you of this automatically

But as others have said, the full list is under the My Activity menu.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: