Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2017, 03:38 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How can I recover my "Pentaxian" status?

I haven't been active for quite some time in the forums due to a lot of moving and travelling. Now, I would like to post my DA21 lens for sale in the market place. Is there a way to recover the Pentaxian status without paying membership?

10-14-2017, 05:51 AM - 3 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sell that Sony camera and we'll talk*.

In all seriousness, I think for unpaid members of this site have to maintain a degree of activity to maintain our status as "pentaxians"

* if this was the case I, being brand agnostic, wouldn't attract such a title as Pentaxian.

Last edited by Digitalis; 10-15-2017 at 11:23 PM.
10-14-2017, 05:52 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope this helps: Need More Photo Space? Donation info / Account Comparison (Pentaxian/Site Supporter) - PentaxForums.com
10-14-2017, 06:06 AM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the OP wants to post items for sale in the Market Place without paying the fee [ donation ] to do so

if that is correct, I think it wouldn't be fair to those who do pay the fee to allow list items for sale

" To be able to list items for sale, you must make a donation! Access will then be granted instantly and automatically by our system.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/137-read-...#ixzz4vUHwBsF2 "

IMHO, YMMV

btw, I only buy in the Market Place, I don't sell anything there

Last edited by aslyfox; 10-14-2017 at 06:11 AM.
10-14-2017, 06:30 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The issue is the likes, not? I think your likes get reset after a certain amount of inactivity. The solution is to donate.
10-14-2017, 07:01 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Closed Account

Hi Francisco, from the list here, once you get 15 likes again your Pentaxian status should be restored.
Attached Images

10-14-2017, 07:15 AM   #7
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Francisco, from the list here, once you get 15 likes again your Pentaxian status should be restored.
Just to add, it's considered bad form to request likes (I'm not suggesting the OP would, but we've had this happen before). We prefer them to occur through the natural course of forum posting

10-14-2017, 08:29 AM - 6 Likes   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Haha, thank you for all your replies! It's easy to remember why I was using this forum so much, always helpful people around.

@Digitalis: Ha! You do photography for a living if I remember correctly? Honestly, the sony is getting less use since I swapped my MX-1 for an LX100...
@Aslyfox, yes, that is what I would like. I had the status once due to activity as mentioned below your message. I think I've contributed in other ways if not a direct transfer (have bought through the links and else)
@pjv, thank you! that's the info I needed
@BigMackCam, yep yep, I get you - wouldn't ask em just like that.. Might be difficult to get likes with my signature though XP!
10-14-2017, 12:11 PM - 1 Like   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
I haven't been active for quite some time in the forums due to a lot of moving and travelling. Now, I would like to post my DA21 lens for sale in the market place. Is there a way to recover the Pentaxian status without paying membership?
Since you meet the post and membership requirement, all you need to do is meet the Likes requirement. A great way to do that it commenting on folks' photos. Check out a new page that makes commenting and browsing pics super easy:
Post Your Photos! Gallery View - PentaxForums.com (this is not currently linked to from anywhere else)

You also get Likes for every user review you post, in case you've picked up some new gear since the last time you were active.

Of course, insightful posts just about anywhere on the forum (but especially in threads with debates) are another sure-fire way of getting Likes.

Lastly, once you regain your status, you'll want to visit the forum at least once every 3 months to maintain the status (it is not necessary to post).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #10
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
@pjv, thank you! that's the info I needed
Most welcome, glad to help. Only 14 to get now.
10-14-2017, 02:52 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Most welcome, glad to help. Only 14 to get now.
Make that 13. Welcome back
10-14-2017, 03:18 PM   #12
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah, well, as a fellow Sony fan (second to Pentax, of course ), I'll make that +12 to go...
10-14-2017, 03:45 PM   #13
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Ah, well, as a fellow Sony fan (second to Pentax, of course ), I'll make that +12 to go...
looks like he has 5 now
10-15-2017, 02:43 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Listing any yours Pentax equipment in the serial numbers database in this forum will get you likes
10-15-2017, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Haha this is hilarious! thank you everyone, i feel a bit embarrassed for the likes but it's appreciated.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Check out a new page that makes commenting and browsing pics super easy:
Post Your Photos! Gallery View - PentaxForums.com (this is not currently linked to from anywhere else)
This looks very good, congratulations on the hard work!
EDIT: they images are not centered in my navigator (chrome). I think it would look better that way

Last edited by carrrlangas; 10-15-2017 at 07:21 AM.