Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #1

k-70 firmware update

I have tried several times to update the firmware on my K-70 pentax Camera, using the directions provided on this forum. I am using a computer with Windows 10. When I get the update, it is zipped. I tried to un-zipp it and put it
and copy and paste to my camera's memory card, that I install in my computer. I then place card in camera and go to firmware. It is my understanding I should get an option to update. I don't. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Can someone provide a step by step instruction on completing this task. Thanks for the assistance.

11-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
From Pentaxforums:
1. Download the firmware ZIP file
2. Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
3. Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
4. Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
5. Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
6. Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
7. Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
8. Power your camera back on and resume normal use

In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
11-22-2017, 12:48 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One other thing. Make sure your camera battery is fully charged.
11-22-2017, 12:56 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apart from pressing the menu button while power on the camera, make sure there is a .BIN file in the root directory of the SD card, and that this file has not been renamed compared to its name in the ZIP.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-22-2017, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Should look like this (drive letter and other folders may vary):
Attached Images