Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2017, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
I've always seen it in Firefox, using uBlock origin.
Same here, Firefox, uBlock origin, LinuxMint.

12-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #17
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Changed from ABP to Origin Blocker and Like button is back

G'day again everyone, as pointed out ABP was the likely culprit and with more voices reporting success using Origin Ad Blocker I installed it and disabled ABP. The like button is back, so I can say thanks again in FF.

Thank you all for your feedback and assistance.

Tas
12-13-2017, 06:41 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Another forum member reported that some setting in the latest ad block plus is what blocks the button.
Thanks for this tip, Adam. For the last couple weeks I've been missing the Like button in my ancient Safari (5.1.10) with Mac Snow Leopard (10.6). Never thought about Adblock perhaps being the culprit. I've disabled it on PentaxForums, which I should have done long ago, then reloaded the page, and there the Like button was again. Cheers.

PS- Tas, thanks for bringing up this topic. I thought it was that my old browser simply was past it till you posted.
01-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
Thanks for this tip, Adam. For the last couple weeks I've been missing the Like button in my ancient Safari (5.1.10) with Mac Snow Leopard (10.6). Never thought about Adblock perhaps being the culprit. I've disabled it on PentaxForums, which I should have done long ago, then reloaded the page, and there the Like button was again. Cheers.

PS- Tas, thanks for bringing up this topic. I thought it was that my old browser simply was past it till you posted.
Thank you from me, as well. Disabling ABP on this site and refreshing the browser revealed the Like button for the first time since I started posting here.

Cheers,

peggy

01-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #20
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pklax Quote
Thank you from me, as well. Disabling ABP on this site and refreshing the browser revealed the Like button for the first time since I started posting here.

Cheers,

peggy
Hi Peggy,

I'd been using Ad Blocker for years and never had a problem, but after this I changed to the recommendation from PhotoLady95: uOrigin. It seems to work just as well without impacting on forum features.

Tas
01-03-2018, 03:52 PM   #21
Forum Member

Thanks for the recommendation Tas.
02-11-2018, 10:46 AM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Another forum member reported that some setting in the latest ad block plus is what blocks the button.
Deselect 'Block Additional Tracking' in the AdBlockPlus >> Options >> General dialog

.:

Last edited by monochrome; 02-11-2018 at 02:30 PM.
04-29-2018, 01:10 PM   #23
Forum Member

Sorry for bumping this old thread. Found it by Google-ing "pentaxforums missing like button". Since, you guessed it, I missed my like button.

Wanted to add that AdBlock Plus was the reason, as I found out thanks to this thread. Whitelisting Pentaxforums did the trick.

I use Chrome. AdBlock Plus had a button on the far right, next to the address bar. A red, round button with ABP written in the middle. Clicking this and clicking the "turned on for this website" turns it off. Reload your page (F5) and voila, there is the like button again!

Thanks to this thread.
02-23-2019, 08:15 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Same problem for me this week.

I had added a couple of new filter lists to Ublock origin, and that created the problem. Even though I whitelisted pentaxforums.com, that didn't solve the problem, so the Like function must use an outside server. I don't want to disable the lists entirely, so I will have to track it down.
02-23-2019, 09:45 AM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Davep Quote
Same problem for me this week.

I had added a couple of new filter lists to Ublock origin, and that created the problem. Even though I whitelisted pentaxforums.com, that didn't solve the problem, so the Like function must use an outside server. I don't want to disable the lists entirely, so I will have to track it down.
I don't think it uses anything external.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This list that cancelled the Like function is:

Version: 201902231704
! Title: Fanboy's Social Blocking List
! Last modified: 23 Feb 2019 17:04 UTC
! Expires: 4 days (update frequency)
! License: Creative Commons ? Attribution 3.0 Unported ? CC BY 3.0
! Please report any unblocked content or problems by email or in our forums
! Email: easylist.subscription@gmail.com
! Homepage: EasyList - Overview
! Forums: EasyList Forum - Board Index

I've disabled this list until I can isolate which line item is cancelling the Like button.