Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2018, 06:51 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Live Map

This is probably not possible but it would be fun to have a world map showing current distribution/locations of logged in users. We have the static map of members which was a great idea so now it would be neat if we could make that live, in vibrant color! Anyway, just thought I would ask.

01-03-2018, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love the idea, and it would actually be pretty simple to add to the current map. I'll play with this in the coming days.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've updated the map page with a link to only show online users. Later on I think I'll add a convenient PM link so that you can contact those members with one click.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-04-2018, 03:14 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I've updated the map page with a link to only show online users
That's a really cool feature, it will be interesting to see how the indications change on the map, as the day progresses... different parts of the world wake up and others go to sleep.

It will also help me to realise I've been online too long.