Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Vix Player and MacKeeper

Moderator Contact Form Message

I used the recommended process to get a shutter count for my 645D and on the page for that it told me to download a program that turned out to be VIX Player, Opera Mackeeper and Chrome. After doing all that (although In was hesitant, but I trusted the Forum) I then noticed to shutter count box to click on. I was able to put all but the MacKeeper in my Trash, but when I try to move MacKeeper to Trash it asks for my password, which I have not entered. Not sure what to do. All these programs were on the Forum site where I just tried to get a shutter count. Is it safe to enter my password to get rid of the MacKeeper program?

01-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Moved to relevant forum
01-09-2018, 03:48 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
How to Remove MacKeeper
01-09-2018, 11:29 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did you click on an ad perhaps? The shutter count checker should work directly after you upload the file.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: