Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax Forums understanding

I would like someone in the Forum to explain some of the symbols under a forums name that appears on the left after you post. Also I used to have 20 likes and somehow now I only have 1. Not sure how they are calculated. I'am not new to the forum I just not that up on all the symbols that show up on the pages. If someone would be so kind and explain it would really help me to understand. Thanks.

01-24-2018, 12:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by in2toy Quote
I would like someone in the Forum to explain some of the symbols under a forums name that appears on the left after you post. Also I used to have 20 likes and somehow now I only have 1. Not sure how they are calculated. I'am not new to the forum I just not that up on all the symbols that show up on the pages. If someone would be so kind and explain it would really help me to understand. Thanks.
Are you talking about the medals? They increase with your post count, and if you're a site supporter, you get a trophy. However, they are due for replacement, so I haven't posted a full guide yet.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Are you talking about the medals? They increase with your post count, and if you're a site supporter, you get a trophy. However, they are due for replacement, so I haven't posted a full guide yet.
Thanks Adam, How does one acquire likes?
01-25-2018, 04:17 AM   #4
Banned

@Adam I would like to see some more type of "trophys" as example for: number on bans, days banned, topics banned etc...
That will remind me how your moderators miserably treated me in previous 2 months.
If you read the history of all my messages for last 5 years you will clearly see that I'm not conflict type of person at all.
One day in december a forum user provoked me to report his messages a few times but moderators didn't do anything about that so I answered to him directly what I think of his opinion.
Since than I am constantly banned, one ban after the other, for every message that I wrote on this forum even for happy new year message.
I will be probably banned for this message also if my "favourite" moderator read this message before you but I don't care.
I'm proud of those bans because I'm sure that I didn't do anything wrong and I would like to see my ban trophys below my name. Thank you if that is possible.

p.s. I asked moderators in a private message what is the way to escalate the situation and report their work but off course I didn't get any answer. Then I replied to him in a topic and get banned because I comment his work in public topic and not in private message.

Last edited by banep; 01-25-2018 at 04:23 AM.
01-25-2018, 09:43 AM - 4 Likes   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
I will be probably banned for this message also if my "favourite" moderator read this message before you but I don't care.
Indeed, you shouldn't be discussing moderator actions publicly. I'll let it slide this time, but our goal is to foster a friendly community, and this kind of approach is not the right one to take. Similarly, if you have a problem with another member, it's often best to confront them directly rather than posting in the thread as you did previously. Just because you report something doesn't mean it will be acted upon, but I can assure you that all reports are reviewed and discussed.

If you have any further comments on this please send me a PM. Otherwise, go off and talk Pentax rather than getting hung up with this drama. We're not out to get you

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Say Adam... along these lines (I was just poking around the site about this) I not long ago (last fall? summer?) had quite a number of "Likes" but noticed they were reset to zero at some point and I assumed it was a site-wide thing but now notice that's probably not the case, is this true? Where'd they go? Not terribly concerned, but I was "well liked" and now I'm not so "well liked".
03-17-2018, 04:06 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
Say Adam... along these lines (I was just poking around the site about this) I not long ago (last fall? summer?) had quite a number of "Likes" but noticed they were reset to zero at some point and I assumed it was a site-wide thing but now notice that's probably not the case, is this true? Where'd they go? Not terribly concerned, but I was "well liked" and now I'm not so "well liked".
There is a system-wide reset of the counter after several months of inactivity, just because we use that for tracking folks' Pentaxian status. But the actual likes on posts, and in the search system, will still show up even if this happens

Adam

03-17-2018, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

There is a system-wide reset of the counter after several months of inactivity, just because we use that for tracking folks' Pentaxian status. But the actual likes on posts, and in the search system, will still show up even if this happens
Gotcha. Well, I'm Pentaxian, little glittery, sparkley e-trophy thingies or no.