Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
03-03-2018, 10:22 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
How does it work to upload additional images for an existing lens as user?
And who can change the order of the pictures shown an the lens review page?
Sent you a PM

03-05-2018, 05:05 PM - 1 Like   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

For folks who would like to contribute better / missing product photos to our databases:
  • Please either post them as attachments or (direct) links in this thread, and ping me, or e-mail them to contactpf at pentaxforums.
  • The minimum resolution should be 1000px on the longest edge. More is preferred, as then I'll be able to make adjustments as needed.
  • The background should be white, or as close to white as possible. I can make edits if needed.
For our first-party database I'm afraid the process is manual, but I'll be happy to upload any such photos as they come in Thanks in advance for your contributions!

If submitting photos that you did not take, please make sure you have permission to use them.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-06-2018, 05:37 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Phase.com equipment database photos may be copyright. My posts there are.
03-06-2018, 05:50 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Pentaxforums has permission to use official press pictures. I'd cross check the examples posted above, all are Pentax-origin.
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We have permission to use official press materials on the site.
04-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Another official source with pictures of old Pentax lenses:
ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/filmcamera/lens/index35_others.html

05-06-2018, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Maybe i should create a thread for legacy manuals?
Place to post scans of camera and lens manuals - PentaxForums.com
06-06-2018, 01:38 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I've more material, but don't know if there's any ongoing interest here.
06-06-2018, 03:45 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

For manuals, perhaps a public-readable / invite-editable Google Drive repository would be the way to go? That way we could share the link in one place and link to individual files while supporting collaboration.

For product photos, if they're something we're missing, we'll keep adding them, so keep them coming (as long as they're big enough and we can use them).

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-12-2019, 02:49 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Any updates with the shared pics on dropbox?
09-14-2019, 01:58 PM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Any updates with the shared pics on dropbox?
Could you please resend me the link to the file(s) you shared? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Adam

10-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'll be happy to upload any such photos as they come in Thanks in advance for your contributions!
I'm curious about the pictures i'd already link/upload - what's the plan with improving the current images?

Could you please resend me the link to the file(s) you shared? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
check - done

Last edited by angerdan; 10-02-2019 at 10:51 AM.
10-02-2019, 06:07 PM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm curious about the pictures i'd already link/upload - what's the plan with improving the current images?
I'm not seeing any outstanding requests or submissions on my end. If you could, for listings that you'd like to submit an alternate image for, please send the image directly, together with a link to the listing.

Adam

11-30-2019, 01:21 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Are there updates for the new images?