Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is there a forum site navigation help/tutorial?

This is me under the weather healthwise a bit wondering if there is a tutorial or sticky somewhere to help new forum members (and existing ones like me) that might be a bit lacking in ability when it comes to navigating the forums and how to interrogate them?
There are subjects/enquiries for help and advice that crop up in separate threads asking the same thing. e.g. What macro lens should I get?
It could be embedded in Welcomes and Introductions or Troubleshooting and Beginner Help or just added to the Articles and Tutorials.

Which begs my next question, are the Tutorials going to be given some sort of key to help users arrive at the Tutorial they need to see?

Apologies if this has already been discussed and I have not used the correct keywords.

03-07-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I dont think there's a tutorial (so far as I know) but there are a few things that can help you. Firstly, the Advanced Search function is very useful for searching for particular things in particular parts of the forum. See Search Forums - PentaxForums.com
Have a play with the Advanced Search function and let me know if that works for you.

This sticky is useful too: Useful Pentax/Photo Resources, About - PentaxForums.com

And, of course, the tutorials: Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com

I hope you're feeling better soon!
03-08-2018, 12:23 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This might help:

FORUM USAGE GUIDE: an explanation of forum features! - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-08-2018, 01:02 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I dont think there's a tutorial (so far as I know) but there are a few things that can help you. Firstly, the Advanced Search function is very useful for searching for particular things in particular parts of the forum. See Search Forums - PentaxForums.com
Have a play with the Advanced Search function and let me know if that works for you.

This sticky is useful too: Useful Pentax/Photo Resources, About - PentaxForums.com

And, of course, the tutorials: Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com

I hope you're feeling better soon!
Thank you.

---------- Post added 03-08-18 at 01:08 AM ----------

Thank you, I have read this and it is great.
Just what I was asking for.
I have read it before, albeit without delving into the links......
STUPID STUPID STUPID me.