Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Trying to upload a picture and I get "Page Not Found - 404 Error" ... ??!! First time

So, I'm trying to upload a picture in "Post your Photos" (as a new thread) and I get this dreaded message ...

Page Not Found - 404 Error

Oops! It looks like the page you are looking for has been moved or deleted. Please use the box below to search our homepage news and reviews. If you're looking for something on our Pentax forum, you may want to visit the forum search page.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=12#ixzz596xVnwst

What's going on ???

---------- Post added 03-07-18 at 07:12 PM ----------

EDIT : I finally posted the pictures .... using Chrome vs. IE.
It worked.
Sorry about the inconvenience.

03-08-2018, 12:22 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Our firewall didn't like something about your request. If this happens again, please don'tattempt to resubmit, as your IP may get permanently blocked. Do PM me your IP at the time of the error so I can fix whatever caused the issue, though

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-08-2018, 07:01 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Our firewall didn't like something about your request. If this happens again, please don'tattempt to resubmit, as your IP may get permanently blocked. Do PM me your IP at the time of the error so I can fix whatever caused the issue, though
Thanks Adam.

Well, it did NOT work after all:

I tried loading the pictures with Chrome and I.E. but always getting error messages such as page cannot be loaded, Error Page 404, etc ...
No matter what I tried. As I mentioned, this is the first time this happens (to me).
The PentaxForums site itself would not even start ... ?? after having tried uploading the pictures.
Anyway, I'll try again this afternoon/tonight and see what happens.
This was from my home computer (PC).

Presently, no problem using this laptop here from work.

Last edited by jpzk; 03-08-2018 at 08:03 AM.
03-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Thanks Adam.

Well, it did NOT work after all:

I tried loading the pictures with Chrome and I.E. but always getting error messages such as page cannot be loaded, Error Page 404, etc ...
No matter what I tried. As I mentioned, this is the first time this happens (to me).
The PentaxForums site itself would not even start ... ?? after having tried uploading the pictures.
Anyway, I'll try again this afternoon/tonight and see what happens.
This was from my home computer (PC).

Presently, no problem using this laptop here from work.
Sounds like a block did happen on your home IP, then. Please PM me the IP, or e-mail it to contactpf @ pentaxforums , and I'll remove it. That might also help us identify why exactly the block happened.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-09-2018, 12:56 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Feedback ... Thanks Adam!
Things have been sorted out and the pictures could be uploaded.

Cheers!