Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2018, 04:53 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Missing introduction and production dates of Pentax lenses

Booth lenses are without year of introduction, so they appear in the lens search sorted by year at the top of the results - before the first AF lenses.
SMC Pentax-DA L 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR Reviews - DA L Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
SMC Pentax-DA L 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED Reviews - DA L Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

There are some AF lenses with missing information about production years.
Takumar-F 28-80mm F3.5-4.5 Reviews - Non-SMC Pentax Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Takumar-F 70-200mm F4-5.6 Reviews - Non-SMC Pentax Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Some lens introduction dates are available here:
List of announcement dates for Pentax lenses and bodies - PentaxForums.com
Pentax lens publish dates | List of publish dates for Pentax? | Flickr

Last edited by angerdan; 03-14-2018 at 04:59 AM.
03-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Nice catch! I've updated the two DA lenses and the 28-80mm, but I have no info on the 70-200mm. If anyone has a reliable source, please post here.

@Ole

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2018, 11:02 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'd rather not guess around, do you know that they were released at the same time?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2018, 12:48 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
They are physically identical, so the production only could take place in the same time as the smc-F labeled versions.
Earlier or later production wouldn't make sense and storing for later release would mean additional costs. So from financial view i can't see a reason for different production times.
03-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
They are physically identical, so the production only could take place in the same time as the smc-F labeled versions.
Earlier or later production wouldn't make sense and storing for later release would mean additional costs. So from financial view i can't see a reason for different production times.
Right, but that's an assumption. The cheaper Takumar version could have succeeded the SMC version a couple of years later, for instance, and/or been discontinued earlier.

I can mention the SMC version's production dates as a note, but until we have a reference for those dates, I'll leave them as unknown.

Adam

04-14-2018, 04:18 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'm sure the production years are nearly similar. Also better one year difference to the unknown date than no date at all.
When there's no source since the last 30 years, the will be no source for the next 30 years

10-10-2019, 12:36 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Who news more about the two versions of the F 70-200mm F4-5.6 & F 28-80mm F3.5-4.5?
05-28-2020, 02:09 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Who news more about the two versions of the F 70-200mm F4-5.6 & F 28-80mm F3.5-4.5?