Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Celebrating our second anniversary!

Believe it or not, but two years have already passed since our wonderful site came to existence! It was on September 6th, 2006, that I established the forum, and it was opened to the public the following day.

In celebration of this milestone event, I'm introducing many exciting changes/additions to the site, some of which have already been implemented.

Genuine Pentax Teleconverter Database

Long-requested, we have now created a teleconverter database complete with all Pentax bayonet teleconverters currently in existence, as well as with photos for each individual teleconverter.

It can be found at the bottom of our Lens Review Database- here's a direct link: Pentax Lens Review Database - All Genuine Pentax Teleconverters. The third-party database should still be used for third-party teleconverters.

I hope everyone enjoys this addition!

Note that we still need photos of certain lenses in the database- PM me if you have a picture of a lens that's missing a thumbnail.

Increased Attachment Space

ALL forum users have just had their attachment quotas increased!

-Regular forum members now have 3Mb available, raised from 2
-Site Supporters now have 25Mb available, raised from 20
Site Supporters will be able to store up to 250 photos in the User Photo Gallery, raised from 200
-Loyal Site Supporters* will have 50Mb available
Loyal Site Supporters will be able to upload larger 2Mb photos to the User Photo Gallery (raised from 1.5Mb)

In addition, regular forum members who have made over 1,000 posts OR have been registered for 2 years (and made at least 100 posts) will have their attachment space increased to 10Mb. These users will be known as "Pentaxians".

Samsung Forum

We've now added a dedicated sub-forum just for Samsung users! Check it out here: Samsung DSLR Forum - PentaxForums.com

New Homepage

A brand-new, custom site homepage is in the works! It will look different from our current forum design and offer highly structured navigation as well as an overview of site features.

*Loyal Site Supporters

Members who have already donated to the site will now have the option to make a second larger, single, and long-term donation. This option is intended for those members who have already used all 20Mb (now 25) of attachment space, or for those who like to donate a larger amount instead of regularly donating small amounts. This upgraded account lasts for two years, instead of one.

Account features:

-50Mb of attachment space (2x as much as before)
-Up to 75Kb avatars (50% larger)
-Up to 100Kb signature uploads (100% larger)
-Up to 200Kb Profile pictures (33% larger)
-Larger photos in the User Photo Gallery: each photo can be up to 2Mb in file size
-Custom user title which you may or may not choose to use instead of the "Site Supporter" text

Pentaxium Event: September 27th, 2008

The quarterly Pentaxium world event will be held later this month. Details to follow in a future announcement!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for new things, so now, let's talk a little about how the site has changed since its first day.

First of all, I'd like to thank all current site members for making PentaxForums.com what it has become! We've gone from a small forum with a big goal to undoubtedly the largest English forum dedicated to Pentax, with other nine thousand members coming from almost every country in the world! We've also transformed the site from being just a forum into so much more! Originally we merely featured a generic-looking discussion forum as well as the user photo gallery- now, we've got a forum with a highly unique appearance in addition to the Marketplace, Lens Databases, Monthly Photo Contests, equipment reviews, and homepage!

I'd also like to thank every one of the 424 members who have contributed financially to the forum. We couldn't have gotten a powerful dedicated server, or have paid for all the software the site is using, without you!

Since September 6th, 2006, nearly 26 million posts have been read on the forum! 3 million attachments have been displayed, almost a million gallery photos have been viewed, and half a million lenses have been browsed in the younger lens review database.

I hope that everyone continues enjoying the site, and I'm really looking forward to the years to come- especially the day we hit 500,000 posts and can officially be considered a "big-board"! Who knows what the site will be like a year from now?

Thanks for reading!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #2

Great News Thanks for sending me an E-mail about ...
09-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
500,000 posts is officially a "big board". Well hmmm...I guess I won't worry about annoying folks with too many posts then. ;-)
You have done, and continue to do fantastic work with this forum Adam. I'm proud to be a member here and enjoy it immensely.
09-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

YOU ROCK ADAM!!!

Congratulations!!! It's only because of YOUR hard work this forum exists today!!

THANK YOU!!!

09-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

congrats Adam, keep up the great work
09-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Happy Birhtday PentaxForums .... and a big thank you to the Father ....Adam
09-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Adam, thank you for this forum !!! It is one of the most friendly and informative forums I visit, and also my most frequently visited forum, by FAR !! Congrats on 2 great years, and hopefully MANY more to come !!

09-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I love this place and always will!!! It is my one site that gets viewed everyday at least once. I have met some great folks here and hope to meet many more. Thanks again Adam you deserve a reward from Pentax!!! I hope they have acknowledged you or do so e time soon!!! Happy Birthday
09-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #9

Love the Site

It's a great site. It is my first destination for Pentax news and information. Keep up the excellent work Adam!
09-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Congratulations!

While I do not come here much anymore, I still consider it to be one of the finest (if not THE finest) camera forums on the internet. Thank you for the e-mail informing me of this event and a very Happy Birthday Pentax Forums.

James
09-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #11
Veteran Member

WOO HOO!
This forum is the best!

Adam, thank you for all of your hard work.

Heather
09-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Thank you Adam and everyone who help make this forum what it is.
09-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #13
Damn Brit

Happy 2nd. Well done all and especially Adam, rock on.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 09-15-2008 at 05:11 PM.
09-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Adam, great job on the site and this place has become my second home!

So you are broadening the club membership to samsung members as well. That is great since most samsung users have got no dedicated forum to be heard!
09-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #15

Happy Birthday!

This forum is a source of great knowledge, and ispiration...
Congratulations Adam!

Bostjan