Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-29-2018, 01:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-1 MKII Review

I only have 24 hours left to decide whether to upgrade my MKI to the MKII (The offer finishes tomorrow). Your review states that you will be commenting on the updated AF in the coming days but is there any chance you could tell me if it is worth the extra expense?. A simple yes or no will do.

Thanks.

04-29-2018, 09:36 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I haven't had a chance to perform the AF.C tests yet, but I did read that the K-1 II defaults to "hold AF" to "off" in AF.C, unlike the K-1, which should make the camera focus faster by default.

In AF.S, the K-1 II performs the same as the K-1, in both live view and VF shooting, based on the measurements I have taken so far.

I will try to squeeze in an AF.C test in a moment, but it would be a very rough one.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-29-2018, 11:56 PM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

With the subject moving straight toward the camera, both cameras fared comparably.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-30-2018, 12:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Adam.

Looks like I will be keeping my cash for the 50mm instead.

04-30-2018, 01:44 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
I only have 24 hours left to decide whether to upgrade my MKI to the MKII (The offer finishes tomorrow). Your review states that you will be commenting on the updated AF in the coming days but is there any chance you could tell me if it is worth the extra expense?. A simple yes or no will do.

Thanks.
Mike, for the record, doesn't that offer go from May to September?
04-30-2018, 05:39 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Mike, for the record, doesn't that offer go from May to September?

No, this is a part exchange offer which ends today rather than the official Pentax conversion.