Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2008, 04:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Unable to submit lens review

I am finding that I am unable to submit lens reviews at the moment.
It keeps stating that I must be logged in to submit a review.
Problem is that i am logged in. I have tried this a few times and still have issues.

09-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to make sure it says "Welcome, mechan1k" in the upper-right corner of the page- if it doesn't, just log in again from the lens review database.

A common cause of this is logging in at a url that does not include the "www.", and then clicking a link which adds it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for that Adam.

I tried it again and it failed ... and I gave it some time .... and tried the site again and it worked. Not sure what I was doing differently ... I think sometimes when i click on a link in a "notification" email and then continue browsing is what seems to cause that issue.
09-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I am having the same problem

even tried to log out and back in while at the thread but no luck.

I have no problems in every other forum

09-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Ahhh, Windows - stuff happens. You might try clearing your cookies, deleting internet temporary files, and actually rebooting your computer.
09-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Lowell- the problem should now be resolved, as it was something over at my end. Everyone else's problem just seems to be a session/cookie issue.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm bumping this because I'm having the same problem. No www discrepancies, it just won't let me post a review. Cookies accepted/javascript on/etc. What's up?
11-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This was a separate problem but should now be resolved. Turned out that permissions to post weren't given to the reseller usergroup, since that usergroup is fairly new.

Adam

11-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I can't reproduce this. Please provide me with the URL at which you got the error, and screenshots of the entire page.
You got it.

PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - 100-300mm f4.5-6.7 DL

11-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

See my edited post above

Adam

11-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
See my edited post above
I did notice it, but I still cannot yet post a review I must commend you for working fast though!

Edit: and now I can :P Must have needed time for the server to refresh, or what have you. Thanks Adam!