Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2018, 09:14 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Attachment Space

Lets say I donated $10 today to increase my attachment space (not yearly recurring). Would I receive 100 mb attachment space and be able to use it for the coming years, or would that attachment space be discontinued after a year from that donation?

I am just curious how it works.

05-31-2018, 01:33 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't think an additional $10 gets you any more space.

However Adam recently changed the system so that an additional $20 gets you 20% additional space over what you already had (so your total attachment space increases by 20%). Link

$35 or $ 50 get you an even greater percentage.

Edit: And yes, it lasts until you use it up.
05-31-2018, 02:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Next to the Site Supporter classification at the link below it mentions 100 mb for a donation of 10+ dollars in the chart.

Need More Photo Space? Donation info / Account Comparison (Pentaxian/Site Supporter) - PentaxForums.com
05-31-2018, 04:48 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's the Photo Album space not Attachment space.

You can add photos to an album then link them to your posts, it works differently to adding attachments.

05-31-2018, 06:03 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It says 60mb+ in the Attachment Limit column for the Site Supporter row. In the Criteria column of that row it says $10+.
05-31-2018, 07:01 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
It says 60mb+ in the Attachment Limit column for the Site Supporter row. In the Criteria column of that row it says $10+.
Yes, but it's a little more confusing than that.

An initial donation of $10 or more will get you the title of site supporter and 60MB of Attachment space and 100MB of Album space.

However, with a $10 donation the title of Site Supporter will expire after one month and additional $10 donations will only reinstate the Site Supporter Title for an additional month.

Additional $10 donations have no effect on Attachment space or Album space.

Additional $20 or more donations add an additional 20% (or more) to your total Attachment space.
05-31-2018, 07:19 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Would the 60mb (attachment space) and 100mb (album space) be mine to use completely without a time limit if I made a 10 dollar donation?
05-31-2018, 07:31 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Would the 60mb (attachment space) and 100mb (album space) be mine to use completely without a time limit if I made a 10 dollar donation?
I believe so.

05-31-2018, 07:59 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
I believe so.
It would seem fair that no time limit would be set on the usage of the space.

Thanks for your help.
05-31-2018, 08:08 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Let's clear up some confusion with the donations system. See here: PentaxForums.com PayPal Donations

As you can see, donations of $10 will only upgrade your account for one month. A $20 donation will upgrade your account for one year. See here, for what that gives you in terms of photo space: Need More Photo Space? Donation info / Account Comparison (Pentaxian/Site Supporter) - PentaxForums.com

A Loyal Site Supporter donation of $100 per year, gives unlimited attachment space and album space for 10,000 photos and other perks.

I will need to check with Adam whether photo space decreases after one month with a $10 donation. In terms of how the guide is written, it would appear so, but I'm not sure!
05-31-2018, 08:55 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That is what I want to know. Does the attachment space iterated in the chart as 60mb for a $10+ donation have a time limit on it for use or not?
05-31-2018, 09:35 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That is what I want to know. Does the attachment space iterated in the chart as 60mb for a $10+ donation have a time limit on it for use or not?
Your available space will remain increased only while the donation is active. So, if you donated $10, you'd have access to 60 Mb for one month. $20 would get you the same for one year. However, nothing gets deleted after the expiration, you simply won't be able to upload more.

Normally you'd also have marketplace access only during this period, but as a Pentaxian the access is complimentary

For every $20 you donate thereafter, not only does your status get extended, but the quota increases by 20%, stacking exponentially. This part is new as of very recently, and is still being tuned (you can likely expect the limits to be increased further).

There is also Loyal Site Supporter status, which includes unlimited attachment space.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-01-2018, 08:08 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Adam.