Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree. I like to know the weight of the naked lens, lens with hood and lens with collar.

12-08-2018, 03:27 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I measured the weight of the FA* 300mm 2.8 - database isn't realistic.
Ready-to-use weight is 2982g (including hood, original Pentax 112mm Front Lens Element Filter, Rear filter holder without filter and the rear lens cap.
The hood itself weigths 270g.
SInce the tripod collar istn't removable, it is of course included in my measurement.
12-08-2018, 06:10 PM - 1 Like   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I got a weight of 3090g including the strap, hood, and 112mm filter. It's possible that the catalog weight erroneously subtracted the weight of the hood, so I will update it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-28-2020, 02:05 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I got a weight of 3090g including the strap, hood, and 112mm filter. It's possible that the catalog weight erroneously subtracted the weight of the hood, so I will update it.
Currently no change since my last post - i'd add it onto the Pentax Forums Database Corrections online Sheet:
Pentax Forums Database Corrections - Google Sheets

05-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Currently no change since my last post - i'd add it onto the Pentax Forums Database Corrections online Sheet:
Pentax Forums Database Corrections - Google Sheets
I had already updated the listing. Are we talking about the same lens?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-28-2020, 03:05 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
FA* 300mm 2.8 - i'd check the Lens Search and there's still written:
2765g

https://www.pentaxforums.com/lenssearch/?maxap=2.8&minfl=300&maxfl=300&type=...using%5B%5D=af
05-28-2020, 03:33 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Because the hood weight is known, it's specified separately:

Name:  Annotation 2020-05-28 153101.png
Views: 29
Size:  2.6 KB

The value shown in the search will always be the base lens weight. I know it's not always going to be optimal as the hood weight is significant for some lenses, but for now this is what we're going with.

Adam