Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-30-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Raffle thread #2 lockout

Honest...not a rant. The thread was locked with no responses for a full 2 minutes after 2300 GMT followed by locked with only 2 responses (one an admin) for about another five minutes, followed by unlocked for about 30 seconds. I know things like this are difficult to manage, what with outgoing gateway caching and all, but I would have expected to get access to form at some point either that or 50 responses and locked.

Steve

06-30-2018, 04:23 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Please see here:
A K-1 will be given away tomorrow, June 30th! - Page 42 - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-30-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There is a new chance... don't give up

K-1 Raffle: Entry thread 3, 11:59pm UTC, June 30, 2018 - PentaxForums.com
06-30-2018, 04:30 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks...I was not ranting, but was puzzled.

Steve

06-30-2018, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Thanks...I was not ranting, but was puzzled.

Steve
When you go to submit, you should now see the number of seconds remaining before the thread opens. Hopefully this not only helps clear up confusion, but also will ensure that the timing is more precise.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
When you go to submit, you should now see the number of seconds remaining before the thread opens. Hopefully this not only helps clear up confusion, but also will ensure that the timing is more precise.
Cool! I think I will skip it. Race case is tough and it may be that the forum software is not robust enough to handle this scenario at all layers.

Steve

(...used to work an auction site...)
06-30-2018, 05:03 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Cool! I think I will skip it. Race case is tough and it may be that the forum software is not robust enough to handle this scenario at all layers.

Steve

(...used to work an auction site...)
It wasn't for the first raffle thread, but it looks like the third time's the charm. It opened at the exact second and accepted exactly 15 replies.

Looking forward to a smooth giveaway experience in July, and apologies for the hiccups that went down earlier today.

Adam