Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lost contest Progress Bar

I have lost the progress bar and special buttons from thecontest box at the top of the page. When Adam first announced that feature it did not appear in my browser for a few days and then all of a sudden was there. Now it is gone again. I do not think I changed any settings before it appeared.

07-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #2

It's there now for me with Firefox. Could be a browser cache problem as refreshing the browser usually brings it back if it vanishes.
07-13-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I see it in Safari

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 12.45.59 PM.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  126.8 KB
07-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
No luck. Browser cleared multiple times. Even tried Edge. No Bar. This is what I experienced for a time when the contest first started and then it came back. Others reported no issues. I have also tried change forum styles not no luck there either. odd. Thanks for your efforts to help.

07-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #5

I just tried it with Edge on WIndows 10, April feature updates release. Seems to be working. Do you have an Internet Security program other than Windows Firewall? Some include Ad Blockers which might be blocking the thermometer bar.
07-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I 've turned off all the add blockers I can find. The thing is it has worked fine for the past few weeks. There was a major win10 update a few days ago maybe that did something. I will check again. I am pretty sure I changed nothing before it finally came on the last time. Oh well, not that big a thing. Just a bit of fun. Thanks for the offered help.
07-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #7

I just installed the 1803 update this morning. I've notice the usual things disappearing whenever a major update takes place - registry tweaks like "Open Command Window" from context menu but to be expected. I'm using Comodo Firewall and Avast. I turn off all the webfiltering except Comodo an the AdBlocker plug-in I have for Firefox.

I haven't absorbed all the changes in Win10 yet.

07-13-2018, 04:34 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you've dismissed the notice, the progress bar won't come back. I would have to reset all notices for your account.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-13-2018, 05:39 PM   #9
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you've dismissed the notice, the progress bar won't come back. I would have to reset all notices for your account.
So, nobody press the "X" on the upper right side of the notice unless you really really want the notice to go away ... forever??
07-13-2018, 07:45 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
What is the notice which might have been dismissed?
07-13-2018, 07:57 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
By the way, I still get the Pentax Giveaway box which reports the % and total posts to go. I no longer have the bar or the individual boxes for finding places to post. I do not think I checked anything which made the bar go away. I would not want to reset everything for this.
07-14-2018, 08:16 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
It does seem to be something in the Pentax Forum settings since I signed on from a Samsung Android tablet last night and it is the same as with win10 Chrome. I tested with Android Chrome and the Samsung browser and the layout is the same - no progress bar or helpful little boxes. I am serious when I say I do not think it worth anyone's time to figure it out if it is not obvious. But I do help the post counts by adding details
07-15-2018, 07:20 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
It does seem to be something in the Pentax Forum settings since I signed on from a Samsung Android tablet last night and it is the same as with win10 Chrome. I tested with Android Chrome and the Samsung browser and the layout is the same - no progress bar or helpful little boxes. I am serious when I say I do not think it worth anyone's time to figure it out if it is not obvious. But I do help the post counts by adding details
I have reset your notices, so the bar should now be showing up. Note that there is no way to bring it back (apart from me manually resetting the notice again) if you click on the red X / dismissal link.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-15-2018, 07:38 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, Adam. I do not remember clicking the (Dismiss) link but I must have done so accidentally. Thanks for fixing it.