Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2018, 11:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PEG Rejection: Minimum Requirements Not Met

I submitted this photo below and was rejected because minimum requirements were not met...

The size is 2392 x 2915
all metadata/exif/camera information is intact...

Anyone care to assist me?

I've renamed the photo twice and tried deleting the submission and creating a new one... Nothing...

Is this the systems' way of telling me my photos just suck and I should give up?

Last edited by UserAccessDenied; 08-31-2018 at 06:23 AM.
07-31-2018, 11:13 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Can you try submitting it again? I'll be able to tell you exactly why the system is complaining.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-31-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Can you try submitting it again? I'll be able to tell you exactly why the system is complaining.
Just submitted

edit: again

Last edited by UserAccessDenied; 07-31-2018 at 11:33 AM.
07-31-2018, 02:19 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This one has me stumped. As long as the make is either Pentax or Ricoh (which it is), a camera is specified, and the dimensions are 1024x700 or above, the image should proceed to voting.

Maybe your username has something to do with it?

In all seriousness though, this one might take a bit of digging. I'll update this thread once I know more.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-31-2018, 02:50 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This one has me stumped. As long as the make is either Pentax or Ricoh (which it is), a camera is specified, and the dimensions are 1024x700 or above, the image should proceed to voting.

Maybe your username has something to do with it?

In all seriousness though, this one might take a bit of digging. I'll update this thread once I know more.
Yeah, my username is a tribute to a past experience I had with Sony and a PSN account... They kept denying me access to my account, and when asked to make a new account name I said jokingly, "Why not just call it User Access Is Denied since that's a common theme here." The guy laughed and said back, "It can only be 16 characters..."
So I replied, "Drop the 'Is' and call it a day."

UserAccessDenied has stuck with me ever since

Anyways, I do appreciate the help here!
I thought I was going crazy.. It's a K-3ii/DA*300 shot and it's well above the minimum dimensions.

Thanks again!
Logan
08-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

So apparently the version uploaded to the gallery is only 720x900px. If you re-upload a larger version, it should be accepted without issue. This is kind of weird, though, because the gallery itself doesn't do any scaling.

Adam

08-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Very odd indeed...
The file im uploading from my PC is 2210 x 2762.

Not sure how to upload a larger version than what it already is.

I'll go back to Lightroom and export another copy.

I'll try it again.

08-31-2018, 02:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
@adam:

I'm really not sure what else I can do here hahah

See the screenshot below; this is the exact image I am submitting. Camera information is in there, resolution 2392 x 2915.
I even went back to Lightroom on a separate laptop and exported a fresh image at a slightly higher resolution than before and it's still being rejected for not meeting minimum requirements.

I'm about to just give up...
Attached Images

08-31-2018, 06:09 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
@adam:

Sorry to keep bothering you with this, but it's really weird now...
It just declined another photo for not meeting requirements, but the file is 2392 x 2915.

The declined image was sent to the Gallery, and shows a resolution of 1400 x 900. Regardless of this NOT being the native resolution of the file I submitted, it still should meet the requirement of 1024x700...

I tried submitting it through Flickr using the BBcode .jpg url as well and still got declined.
I tried on another computer with a totally different file export, different export resolution (well above the requirements). Clean Metadata. No copyright/with copyright...

I'm stumped!
08-31-2018, 11:24 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Could you email the original file to contactpf@pentaxforums?

Adam

09-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It turns out that the file exceeds the gallery's filesize limit (2Mb for site supporters), which is why our system is scaling it. Please ensure that the file is below this limit, and then it won't be touched after uploading.

Adam