Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Email Chain Not Working Perhaps ?

Just made a donation to the site. Seemed to get this email in response. Maybe the email sequence isn't working. Seems an odd email to send me.

N.B I did not reply to a notification about a PM or post

===========================================

Dear PentaxForums.com User,

Please note that the webmaster@pentaxforums.com inbox is not monitored.

If you replied to a notification about a PM or a post, then the intended recipient did not receive your message. In order to reach the recipient or post a reply to a thread, please go back to the original e-mail and click on the link to reply via our forum/PM system.

For help with the site or to unsubscribe from our mailings, please e-mail us via our web contact form:
Contact Us - PentaxForums.com

Or, post in our site help forum for community support:
Site Suggestions and Help - PentaxForums.com

All the best,

The PentaxForums.com Staff

08-09-2018, 09:46 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rjm007 Quote
Just made a donation to the site. Seemed to get this email in response. Maybe the email sequence isn't working. Seems an odd email to send me.

N.B I did not reply to a notification about a PM or post

===========================================

Dear PentaxForums.com User,

Please note that the webmaster@pentaxforums.com inbox is not monitored.

If you replied to a notification about a PM or a post, then the intended recipient did not receive your message. In order to reach the recipient or post a reply to a thread, please go back to the original e-mail and click on the link to reply via our forum/PM system.

For help with the site or to unsubscribe from our mailings, please e-mail us via our web contact form:
Contact Us - PentaxForums.com

Or, post in our site help forum for community support:
Site Suggestions and Help - PentaxForums.com

All the best,

The PentaxForums.com Staff
Do you have an auto-responder or vacation notice enabled in your e-mail, or one of those sender verification systems? A message such as this would only be sent out in response to a message to webmaster@pentaxforums.com.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Nope. I'd have expected to see other similar emails if that was the case. And it was immediately after I'd paid. I've had the Paypal receipt - do you have a PF email automated response to donations cos if so I never got one.

Not the end of the world - just thought you might want to check your sequence to make sure it wasn't off in any way.
08-10-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rjm007 Quote
Nope. I'd have expected to see other similar emails if that was the case. And it was immediately after I'd paid. I've had the Paypal receipt - do you have a PF email automated response to donations cos if so I never got one.

Not the end of the world - just thought you might want to check your sequence to make sure it wasn't off in any way.
I checked our logs, looks like it was an automated response to a receipt from PP with a reply-to header containing your e-mail. This is weird because no other messages from PP had such a header, but I can confirm that this is what happened.

Thanks for bringing this up, though!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: