Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reply Posts Not Being Accepted

My replies to some threads don't seem to be accepted by the system after I press the submit (Post Reply) button. Instead, I am directed to a page that says "Page Not Found - 404 Error". This has been happening during recent days. Sometimes replies are accepted, but on other instances they are not, being most of the time. I just wanted to let you know and see if there is some reason why or a solution.

Last edited by C_Jones; 11-09-2018 at 11:35 AM.
11-09-2018, 12:08 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
My replies to some threads don't seem to be accepted by the system after I press the submit (Post Reply) button. Instead, I am directed to a page that says "Page Not Found - 404 Error". This has been happening during recent days. Sometimes replies are accepted, but on other instances they are not, being most of the time. I just wanted to let you know and see if there is some reason why or a solution.
This would be indicative of a firewall block. Check your post for stray HTML, unusual symbols, consecutive periods, etc. Apostrophes in attachment filenames have also been problematic in the past.

If none of these turns out to be the issue, please forward the post that was rejected to and I will check what caused the error and if possible, change settings on our end. No matter what you do, don't resubmit more than twice following such an error, as this could result in an automatic IP block.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-09-2018, 12:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Adam. I am just going to submit this reply itself as a successful post, so you know that I am successful in certain instances in replying.

I may try to post a copy of one of the sets of text that I was not successful in posting, after this post. If it is not successful, I will let you know.

---------- Post added 11-09-18 at 02:39 PM ----------

Adam,

I was not able to post the copied text that I mentioned to this thread either. Maybe there is something about it like you mentioned. If I have an ongoing experience of not being able to post, I will let you know. As you can see I can post successfully per this reply to this thread.

As I said, I will let you know if I have an ongoing experience of not being able to post.

Thank you,

Casey
11-09-2018, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I get similar messages or invalid thread messages when internet is dodgy.

11-10-2018, 05:57 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I get similar messages or invalid thread messages when internet is dodgy.
Thanks.
11-13-2018, 12:15 AM   #6
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Il try to arrange photos to add some space between and add some text(picture of the week) . try to submit page result: page wasnot found eror 404.When i submit non arranged was o.k.
11-18-2018, 02:02 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This would be indicative of a firewall block. Check your post for stray HTML, unusual symbols, consecutive periods, etc. Apostrophes in attachment filenames have also been problematic in the past.

If none of these turns out to be the issue, please forward the post that was rejected to Hidden content may not be quoted and I will check what caused the error and if possible, change settings on our end. No matter what you do, don't resubmit more than twice following such an error, as this could result in an automatic IP block.
This happened to me earlier today and resulted in an IP block that I was able to get around by rebooting my DSL router. I have reviewed the text of the message and don't see anything obviously sketchy.

Steve

11-18-2018, 02:23 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
This happened to me earlier today and resulted in an IP block that I was able to get around by rebooting my DSL router. I have reviewed the text of the message and don't see anything obviously sketchy.

Steve
Thanks to the quick notice, I was able to identify the detection in our logs and whitelist it. Some of these firewall rules are more prone to false positives than others, and in your case, it was really a stretch.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-18-2018, 02:24 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Thanks to the quick notice,
My luck that I happened onto this thread while trying to figure out what had happened.

Steve
11-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I had similar problem last week trying to post a joke in the General Talk Forum.I had cut and pasted text from a Word document and assumed that was the source of the problem.Resulted in me being locked out for a couple of days.
11-20-2018, 02:38 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
I had similar problem last week trying to post a joke in the General Talk Forum.I had cut and pasted text from a Word document and assumed that was the source of the problem.Resulted in me being locked out for a couple of days.
If this happens again, please e-mail right away so we can (a) unblock you and (b) ensure that it doesn't happen again (at least for the same IP address).

Adam

11-20-2018, 04:36 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If this happens again, please e-mail Hidden content may not be quoted right away so we can (a) unblock you and (b) ensure that it doesn't happen again (at least for the same IP address).
Thanks Adam,will do.