Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2019, 04:34 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
super-takumar or super-multicoated takumar

Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR/Super-Takumar 135mm F2.5 Reviews - M42 Screwmount Telephoto Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

The first lens the Super-takumar is being described as: Super-Takumar, 5 element design (first photo above and fist lens diagram): That must be (second photo above and first lens diagram).

The first photo is the s-m-c takumar (v2) as the alt tag suggests. The second one is a Super-Takumar (or S-M-C Takumar V1, but that doesn't matter very much).

01-26-2019, 02:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for editing it. I've discovered the second lens description has the same mistake: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar (model 1), 5 element design (first and fourth photo above and first lens diagram) Must be: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar (model 1), 5 element design (second and fourth photo above and first lens diagram).
01-26-2019, 01:01 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Thanks for editing it. I've discovered the second lens description has the same mistake: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar (model 1), 5 element design (first and fourth photo above and first lens diagram) Must be: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar (model 1), 5 element design (second and fourth photo above and first lens diagram).
In that case, what is the first photo of?

I'm pretty sure we still have the actual lenses which were photographed, @Ole , could you check?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-26-2019, 02:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
In that case, what is the first photo of?
The first is also s-m-c tak 2.5 v2 like the third.

01-26-2019, 08:57 PM   #5
Ole
Administrator

@Adam @D1N0 The images have been provided by the community, they are not of our lenses.

Our Super Tak (model 43801) has a red R on the DoF scale. It would thus appear that none of the images on the page are of the Super Takumar.

I think we all agree that images 2 and 4 are of the s-m-c v1 and the third image of the s-m-c v2?

I will therefore replace the first image with an image of our Super Takumar.
01-27-2019, 03:42 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
@Adam @D1N0 The images have been provided by the community, they are not of our lenses.

Our Super Tak (model 43801) has a red R on the DoF scale. It would thus appear that none of the images on the page are of the Super Takumar.

I think we all agree that images 2 and 4 are of the s-m-c v1 and the third image of the s-m-c v2?

I will therefore replace the first image with an image of our Super Takumar.
Correct 1 and 3 seem to be two different copies of V2. My Super-Takumar also has the red r. (2519845).
01-27-2019, 12:32 PM   #7
Ole
Administrator

The entry should be good now (you may need to hit Ctrl-F5 to refresh the images in the browser cache).

01-27-2019, 12:58 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
excellent!