Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2019, 09:10 AM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 165
I can't upload photos in the monthly contests

It says I exceed the size, but even compressing each image to a much smaller size than the maximum allowed, I can't upload them. Why?

I'm using my Android mobile phone.

03-05-2019, 09:14 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator
Ole's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,147
- The photo dimensions must be between 300x300 and 1400x1200 pixels (WxH)
- Recommended dimensions: 1200x800 for horizontals, 800x533 for verticals
- To ensure smooth loading, photos must be no larger than 1.5MB in file size

We recommend that you use our attachment system to ensure you are within limits
03-05-2019, 06:25 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,886
The attachment system should automatically scale your photos if they are too big. You are also welcome to host your photos off-site if that's easier for you, and just embed the link.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-06-2019, 08:25 AM   #4
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 165
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
- The photo dimensions must be between 300x300 and 1400x1200 pixels (WxH)
- Recommended dimensions: 1200x800 for horizontals, 800x533 for verticals
- To ensure smooth loading, photos must be no larger than 1.5MB in file size

We recommend that you use our attachment system to ensure you are within limits
I haven't exceeded the pixel and size limits, yet I can't upload any resized image.

---------- Post added 03-06-19 at 09:20 AM ----------

It says I exceed my quota ?

---------- Post added 03-06-19 at 09:23 AM ----------

Yet, I'm adding couple of links from flickr (original image and below size & pixel limits) and the web doesn't show any of both.

03-06-2019, 10:45 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,886
It's possible that you are out of attachment space. You may be able to use the albums instead, or donate to increase the quota.

I'd be happy to check the Flickr link problem. Could you post it here? Usually the issue with Flickr links is when they point to the page with the photo, not the photo itself.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #6
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 165
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's possible that you are out of attachment space. You may be able to use the albums instead, or donate to increase the quota.

I'd be happy to check the Flickr link problem. Could you post it here? Usually the issue with Flickr links is when they point to the page with the photo, not the photo itself.
Original:
Kerry Cliffs, Portmagee, Ireland | Alvaro Garcia | Flickr

Compressed:
Kerry Cliffs, Portmagee, Ireland | Alvaro Garcia | Flickr

I've clicked the icon "picture" to upload the images adding [IMG] before and [/IMG] after each link, but no success.
03-06-2019, 12:25 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,886
QuoteOriginally posted by alvaro_garcia Quote
Original:
Kerry Cliffs, Portmagee, Ireland | Alvaro Garcia | Flickr

Compressed:
Kerry Cliffs, Portmagee, Ireland | Alvaro Garcia | Flickr

I've clicked the icon "picture" to upload the images adding after each link, but no success.
Yup, as I mentioned above, the links should point to the image itself (not the page). Here's the code to paste into your contest submission post:

[img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7867/47248117322_819faae74a_b.jpg[/img]

Result:


Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-06-2019, 02:10 PM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 165
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, as I mentioned above, the links should point to the image itself (not the page). Here's the code to paste into your contest submission post:



Result:
Thank you! I ignore how to copy the URL of the photo itself in flickr.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dimensions, image, limits, pixel, post, size, upload, upload photos
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monthly Photo Contests, "The Sky" Bahman Monthly Photo Contests 4 11-11-2017 08:52 AM
Question Viewing old monthly photo contests yusuf Site Suggestions and Help 2 05-27-2013 04:54 AM
Question Monthly Photo Contests loco Site Suggestions and Help 2 03-25-2013 10:30 AM
Rules for Official PentaxForums.com Monthly Photo Contests Adam Monthly Photo Contests 3 08-31-2011 06:33 PM
Suggestion Cleaning up Monthly Contests Ash Site Suggestions and Help 8 07-26-2011 01:10 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top