Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2019, 09:10 AM   #1

I can't upload photos in the monthly contests

It says I exceed the size, but even compressing each image to a much smaller size than the maximum allowed, I can't upload them. Why?

I'm using my Android mobile phone.

03-05-2019, 09:14 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
- The photo dimensions must be between 300x300 and 1400x1200 pixels (WxH)
- Recommended dimensions: 1200x800 for horizontals, 800x533 for verticals
- To ensure smooth loading, photos must be no larger than 1.5MB in file size

We recommend that you use our attachment system to ensure you are within limits
03-05-2019, 06:25 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The attachment system should automatically scale your photos if they are too big. You are also welcome to host your photos off-site if that's easier for you, and just embed the link.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-06-2019, 08:25 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
- The photo dimensions must be between 300x300 and 1400x1200 pixels (WxH)
- Recommended dimensions: 1200x800 for horizontals, 800x533 for verticals
- To ensure smooth loading, photos must be no larger than 1.5MB in file size

We recommend that you use our attachment system to ensure you are within limits
I haven't exceeded the pixel and size limits, yet I can't upload any resized image.

---------- Post added 03-06-19 at 09:20 AM ----------

It says I exceed my quota ¿?

---------- Post added 03-06-19 at 09:23 AM ----------

Yet, I'm adding couple of links from flickr (original image and below size & pixel limits) and the web doesn't show any of both.

03-06-2019, 10:45 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It's possible that you are out of attachment space. You may be able to use the albums instead, or donate to increase the quota.

I'd be happy to check the Flickr link problem. Could you post it here? Usually the issue with Flickr links is when they point to the page with the photo, not the photo itself.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's possible that you are out of attachment space. You may be able to use the albums instead, or donate to increase the quota.

I'd be happy to check the Flickr link problem. Could you post it here? Usually the issue with Flickr links is when they point to the page with the photo, not the photo itself.
Original:
Kerry Cliffs, Portmagee, Ireland | Alvaro Garcia | Flickr

Compressed:

I've clicked the icon "picture" to upload the images adding [IMG] before and [/IMG] after each link, but no success.
03-06-2019, 12:25 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by alvaro_garcia Quote
Original:

Compressed:

I've clicked the icon "picture" to upload the images adding after each link, but no success.
Yup, as I mentioned above, the links should point to the image itself (not the page). Here's the code to paste into your contest submission post:

[img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7867/47248117322_819faae74a_b.jpg[/img]

Result:

Adam

03-06-2019, 02:10 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, as I mentioned above, the links should point to the image itself (not the page). Here's the code to paste into your contest submission post:

Result:
Thank you! I ignore how to copy the URL of the photo itself in flickr.