Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2019, 08:19 AM   #1
Unregistered User

Legibility on iPad

I recently got an iPad mini and I find it hard to read the Pentax forum site on it. The PF type looks is great on my Mac but the type on the iPad version (white type in a gray box for the subjects) is just about invisible. Any thoughts?

04-02-2019, 08:24 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cipher Quote
I recently got an iPad mini and I find it hard to read the Pentax forum site on it. The PF type looks is great on my Mac but the type on the iPad version (white type in a gray box for the subjects) is just about invisible. Any thoughts?
Aren’t there ‘Skins’ you can select the get higher contrast on the very bottom of the page? Try Style Selector. Lower left.
04-02-2019, 12:17 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I would recommend using the mobile skin, which has much larger fonts. You can also use one of the other desktop color schemes.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-02-2019, 01:22 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

No idea what you are talking about. The iPad site is different than the regular web site.

The dark theme has the same white on gray text.
There are 4 styles total:

Desktop: modern (3 light variants, 3 dark variants), classic (3 light variants), and simple (1 light variant)
Mobile: light and dark variant

The light variants are all black-on-white, which sounds like what you're looking for. You can change the color scheme at the bottom of any page, or even switch back to the desktop view if that's what you prefer.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-03-2019, 06:50 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
I use an iPad Mini to access this forum and get the standard black type on white background. Are you getting to the site through Safari or some app?
04-03-2019, 07:19 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by TeeJay Quote
I use an iPad Mini to access this forum and get the standard black type on white background. Are you getting to the site through Safari or some app?
I found the answer. The default was sending me to the mobile site. If I go to the "full site"—not the mobile site—it renders properly.
04-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I found the answer. The default was sending me to the mobile site. If I go to the "full site"—not the mobile site—it renders properly.
IYou found what I use on iPad Pro (whatever they’re called). If necessary you can select Full Site on the Login Page by touching the down caret on the upper right before entering your login credentials.