Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #31
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
These are NOT too big for the photo gallery. Feel free to upload them there if you'd like (the filesize limit is 2Mb).

QuoteOriginally posted by fotyc Quote
because my files are too big so I will link to them in Photobucket. Like I said they are not particularly awesome pieces of photographic art but they are a minute in our life today.

Sign and posies in the front yard:

Random daisy patch:

Cat at the window:

Cat at the window 2:

Pentax K200D, Pentax SMC-A 50mm F1.4, aperture priority, 200 ISO.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-12-2008, 10:06 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Adam, I really appreciate the ability to upload a larger sized file these days. I can resize simply in Lightroom and uploading is much easier. I used to have to get out IrfanView and trial and error to get the right size. Plus it is nice to click on the image and view a nice large size when viewing the gallery. Most all the images look best when viewed in their large view.
Sorry, I'm not even sure I'm on topic here. But I just wanted to say thanks for raising the file limits. That is a big deal!
10-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Plus it is nice to click on the image and view a nice large size when viewing the gallery.
But the dimension is still limited to 800-900 pixels, so...huh?
10-13-2008, 12:29 AM   #34
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I'll change that for the next event, as that rule is one that's left over from the old Pentaxium site.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ovim Quote
Same here, e-mail reached my inbox after 9pm on the 11th and I just now read it (now it's 1:43pm on 12th)
This thread, though, was started a week ago.
10-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JETninja Quote
Change the Save As to Jpeg, not BMP.........

How do you do that?
10-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #37

Just wondering, since these are just being viewed on the web, what would be the point of a larger size photo, in either pixel dimensions or file size? I usually always restrict my photos to under 100k and 800 pixels on the wide side. I use a small file size in case of theft of the image, and I use 800 as a decent size view on the average size monitor screen. I really hate it when people attach photos to forum threads that are much bigger than 900 at the most, as then you have to scroll to see the whole picture. Not really displaying the photo in the best way, if you ask me.

10-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
How do you do that?
I never used Irfan but if it like just about anything else, there should be a drop-down list of file types in the save as box, usually under the file name entry area.
11-02-2008, 04:22 AM   #39
Pentaxian

EDIT: I got confused. I looked at the Pentaxium gallery and then wanted to sort the Pentaxium entries according to their ratings. I then noticed at page two, the fourth image down the left column, "Romy I" which is really nice, excellent shot, taken with a Canon. I thought it should not have been submitted to the Pentaxium gallery, but now I think it actually wasn't.

It appears that the sorting applies to all gallery entries, not just the one, in this case the Pentaxium, one is browsing. Is there a way to just sort entries to one event?

I was also wondering what the policy on self votes is. I think they should be discouraged. One comes across some truly stunning images in the gallery when browsing through them according to the highest rating, but now and then some not so awesome shots are interspersed that seem to be highly rated by the submitters themselves. I've read from one poster that he thought that was OK.

My personal view is that it makes the browsing according to highest rating less useful and should be discouraged, if not disabled.

Last edited by Class A; 11-02-2008 at 04:53 AM.