Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Announcing Pentaxium: October 11th, 2008

Pentaxium/Pentax World Day -- Event 5 -- October 11th, 2008

Calling all Pentax camera users: we want your photographs from before dawn to after dusk on the next Pentax World Day: October 11th, 2008. Submit photos to our gallery to show your Pentax spirit and to share something special from your part of the world! The only restrictions are as follows:

1. Although you may submit entries at any time, the photo must be taken on Pentax Day (October 11th, 2008), between midnight and midnight. Please leave all EXIF information intact. You may submit up to three photos.

2. The photo must be taken with a Pentax camera.

3. The photo's largest dimension should be between 800 and 900 pixels.

4. The photo should be submitted to the PentaxForums.com User Photo Gallery. You can access the gallery directly by going to User Photo Gallery - October 11, 2008. Click the "Upload" link located in the navbar to add your photo. You must be logged in. You will be able to upload between 10/11/2008 and 10/25/2008. After this period, only viewing will be allowed for this categor.

Help us chronicle this day in the the life of Pentaxians from all corners of the world. Astound us with your film-like imaging, your freedom from camera shake, and your sharp, contrasty lenses!

If you experience any trouble uploading photos, please make sure you've selected the correct gallery category first, then contact us as soon as possible to obtain assistance.

Help us make this day a Pentax Day! While we missed the fall Pentaxium this season, we hope for a successful and memorable event this time around!

I will send this message as an e-mail notification to interested forum members as we near the commencement of the event.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great idea!!!
10-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wicked, eh!
10-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
Pentaxian

benched

Just like the previous event, I'll just have to watch from the side line.
My gear is - again - in the hands of Pentax Europe.
(since end of august )

10-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
Just like the previous event, I'll just have to watch from the side line.
My gear is - again - in the hands of Pentax Europe.
(since end of august )
same here, my pentax does not arrive until after Christmas. grrrr
10-07-2008, 08:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

YES!!! i missed Pentaxian day when i joined, i won't miss this one...now WHAT TO SHOOT???!!??!!
10-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #7

Great news! my first Pentax Day here....and I'll be traveling from Costa Rica to Memphis that day!! Sweeet! Trip pictures!

10-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #8
Forum Member

Would it be fair to assume that if you shoot on film, you don't have EXIF information, whatever that is?
10-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #9
Forum Member

What happens to the EXIF information when the photo is resized?
Is it still visible with the resized shot and if so, how does one access this?
10-11-2008, 04:13 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by Camera lucida Quote
What happens to the EXIF information when the photo is resized?
Is it still visible with the resized shot and if so, how does one access this?
nope stays the same, but for this event the site wants the original no re-size needed.
10-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #11

how will this work with differnt timezones?
10-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #12
Inactive Account

i cannot enter the forum (Pentaxium/Pentax World Day) although i can login
10-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Uploads for the event are now open, and will remain open for the following two weeks. However, please keep in mind that all photos must be taken on October 11th, 2008, from midnight to midnight, in your timezone.

I have increased the size limit for this contest to 2Mb per individual photo. Each member may upload up to 3!

Enjoy!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Question

It may seem like a silly question, but how do you find out if the EXIF data is still intact.
10-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
If you're running Windows, right-click the file and view its properties. There should be a tab for image information- if you can still see information such as shutter speed and aperture, the EXIF data should be intact.

Adam