Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
07-07-2019, 07:11 PM - 5 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Do "likes" expire?

I took a hiatus from the forum for a few years. I'm glad to be back, but it looks like my "like" count has reset. Is that supposed to happen? Were they revoked because I bought a Sony?

07-07-2019, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Were they revoked because I bought a Sony?
Perhaps :P

But no, it's just that the count gets reset to facilitate demotion from Pentaxian status after 3+ months of inactivity. The likes are all still there on the individual posts.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-07-2019, 10:38 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome back scratchpaddy Post some more of your amazing dogpark shots and your like count will shoot right back up!
07-08-2019, 06:30 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks, Paul & Adam. I saw that it will still show all the posts I got likes on years ago, but my count has been permanently reset? I guess I'm disappointed that my user panel makes it look like I've made a whole lot of posts that no one liked.

Oh good, now people are Liking my post complaining about likes.

07-08-2019, 07:02 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Thanks, Paul & Adam. I saw that it will still show all the posts I got likes on years ago, but my count has been permanently reset? I guess I'm disappointed that my user panel makes it look like I've made a whole lot of posts that no one liked.

Oh good, now people are Liking my post complaining about likes.
I don't really like even thinking about how many posts I made that nobody liked, especially since some posts get multiple likes. Some things are just better to ignore.
07-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Norm, I meant more like "2,300 posts, and no one liked any of them!" But as you say... probably not the most healthy thing to do, to always chase these bits of internet praise.

And whether I click the "like" button or not, I always enjoy seeing you and your dog's travels out in the woods!
07-09-2019, 06:58 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Norm, I meant more like "2,300 posts, and no one liked any of them!" But as you say... probably not the most healthy thing to do, to always chase these bits of internet praise.

And whether I click the "like" button or not, I always enjoy seeing you and your dog's travels out in the woods!
Thanks, ya you can go away for years and come back... and I'm still doing the same old thing.

07-09-2019, 07:24 AM   #8
Banned

Photos: Gallery

You could try to get more likes by starting to publish daily selfies overhere......that seems to work on the internet.....
07-09-2019, 10:20 AM - 1 Like   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This is actually a very valid point, and certainly not intended.

From now on, once you reattain Pentaxian status, your old likes count will also be restored.

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
You could try to get more likes by starting to publish daily selfies overhere......that seems to work on the internet.....

You've just gained +300 or so as a result of this change

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

From now on, once you reattain Pentaxian status, your old likes count will also be restored.

You've just gained +300 or so as a result of this change
If I can find out how many of my likes he had before, I'll be happy to give them all back, and maybe a 50% bonus, likes are cheap.
07-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #11
Banned

That is nice!
07-09-2019, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Selfies go against my nature, but it seems pet pictures are equally effective.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

Adam, you're the best! That's how I was hoping it would work.

Now, at what point do I get re-instated as a Pentaxian? I didn't see anything about inactivity or my "Veteran Member" title in your sticky in this section. Do I have to fully re-qualify like a new member, i.e. 1+ more year, 1000+ more posts, etc.?
07-09-2019, 07:26 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Selfies go against my nature, but it seems pet pictures are equally effective.

Adam, you're the best! That's how I was hoping it would work.

Now, at what point do I get re-instated as a Pentaxian? I didn't see anything about inactivity or my "Veteran Member" title in your sticky in this section. Do I have to fully re-qualify like a new member, i.e. 1+ more year, 1000+ more posts, etc.?
Since you've already met the post and account age requirement, all that's left is the 75 likes.

Adam

07-09-2019, 08:51 PM - 2 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Got it, makes sense. Thanks again!

Time for more doggie pictures!!
07-10-2019, 01:48 AM   #15
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
There's one like from me, on your last post on this thread... to help you on your way.