Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2019, 02:31 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Option to jump to first unread post by clicking on thread title

Hi,
I might have missed this option and I am aware of the jump to first unread botton/arrow next to the thread title...
But, I prefer to use the regular skin also on my mobile phone, the new high resolution 6" screens seem comfortable enough for that, and by this this button gets very small and hard to press on a touchscreen.
Would it be possible to add an option at the Thread Display Modes: Linear, oldest (youngest) first, jump to first unread.
As this would be for me just a default setting for any thread I would open in this forum just by clicking the title.
It might make a great site even s little bit more easy to browse for me, thank you and keep up the great work!

07-22-2019, 10:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would recommend sticking to the mobile skin on mobile, since it's designed for very quick navigation using touch- you can always switch on demand using the controls at the bottom of the page as needed.

That said, I will look into making the button bigger, but it's not likely something which will appear optimal due to the non-responsive nature of the current desktop site.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-23-2019, 03:12 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I would recommend sticking to the mobile skin on mobile, since it's designed for very quick navigation using touch- you can always switch on demand using the controls at the bottom of the page as needed.

That said, I will look into making the button bigger, but it's not likely something which will appear optimal due to the non-responsive nature of the current desktop site.
Thank you for having a look at that! I just saw this as a standard option in another forum and realized that I don't use other navigation anymore as this suits my habits best.
But, right, might try the mobile skin again.
Maybe this is something for the next big change in the forum software, IIRC you were speaking of that.
Best regards, M