Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2008, 02:54 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Country membership stats

Adam, this site seems to have recently had a great increase in international membership. Is that a correct impression? The "Welcomes & Introductions" thread resembles a World Atlas.

Is it possible to produce a membership count or percentage by country: since beginning; signed up 2006; 2007; 2008 YTD?

Dan.

Last edited by dosdan; 10-17-2008 at 03:46 AM.
10-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Hi Dan,

Off the top of my head, I can tell you that the majority of users comes from the US, Canada, UK, and Australlia, in that order. I'll try to post the Google Analytics map for the site later

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Just commenting to track this thread.
10-27-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Here are statistics for the past thirty days, in terms of unique IP addresses:

1.United States

94,400 2.Canada

26,419 3.Australia

14,014 4.United Kingdom

13,622 5.France

6,856 6.Italy

5,762 7.Germany

5,634 8.Poland

4,716 9.Sweden

4,471 10.Netherlands

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks, Adam. I wonder why the UK, with its much larger population than Australia, is significantly below it in the attendance?

Less photographers per head of population?

Or less Pentax presence there generally? Weaker Pentax marketing? (Though Pentax marketing in Oz is pretty pathetic.)

If someone divides the population by the percentage, we'll be able to produce a list ranked by Pentaxian madness. It appears Canada will be at the top of that list! And probably, Australia is 2nd.

Dan.

Last edited by dosdan; 10-27-2008 at 03:28 PM.
10-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dosdan Quote
Thanks, Adam. I wonder why the UK, with its much larger population than Australia, is significantly below it in the attendance?

Less photographers per head of population?

Or less Pentax presence there?

If someone divides the population by the percentage, we'll be able to produce a list ranked by Pentaxian madness. It appears Canada will be at the top of that list! And probably, Australia is 2nd.

Dan.
there is a UK Pentax Forum too... Germany & Russia & Poland has their Pentax forums...
10-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
there is a UK Pentax Forum too... Germany & Russia & Poland has their Pentax forums...
From what I've seen of the UK Pentax forum, it's rather small. I don't think it affects the ranking significantly. It still seems that the UK is below Oz in attendance.

I can understand about the much smaller figures for countries where English is not a major language.

Is there a strong Canadian presence in any francophone Pentax forums? That would make the Canadian lead over the US, Australia & the UK (countries with a lower percentage of multi-lingual speakers) even bigger.

Dan.

Last edited by dosdan; 10-27-2008 at 03:20 PM.
10-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Just commenting to track this thread.
Please use the "Thread tools" to subscribe to a thread without posting to it.
10-27-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Please use the "Thread tools" to subscribe to a thread without posting to it.
I did that from work on my lap top and that function and other buttons such as quotes etc weren't active with the version of Netscape that is on there so pardon me all to hell.
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM   #10
Pentaxian

I did that from work on my lap top and that function and other buttons such as quotes etc weren't active with the version of Netscape that is on there
I sometimes experience this as well (using Seamonkey). Sometimes I get the drop down menu function, sometimes not. If the drop down menu doesn't work, I can still click on the button which will then reload the page and the thread tools will be available at the end of the page. It is a pain but still works.

so pardon me all to hell.
Will do.
10-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Interesting to know actually ... although I do connect from home and work ... so there's different IPs right there.

Interesting to see that there is no Pentax forum that I know of in Australia ... we just use the international site really ... more people here ... makes for interesting topics and information.
10-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #12
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
Interesting to know actually ... although I do connect from home and work ... so there's different IPs right there.

Interesting to see that there is no Pentax forum that I know of in Australia ... we just use the international site really ... more people here ... makes for interesting topics and information.
So do I and I have dynamic IP at home as do many people on DSL.
10-31-2008, 06:56 AM   #13

Here in Croatia we don't have dedicated Pentax forum, but we do have the most written in thread on some croatian photo forums!
Yes, even more than Canon or Nikon threads, even tough more people are having Canikons than Pentax

As one croatian song says: we are less, but we are many