Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2023, 05:41 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The forum response has been fairly stable lately and reasonably fast. Searches took a while though.

Obviously, the US papers use a content delivery network reaching into the UK - their content is easily cacheable. Signals travelling at speed of light for 9000km need 30ms. Add the way back, its 60ms between UK and US (west coast an south central along the actual fibre routes), a few routers on top and you see that 80ms is a lower boundary for what's physically possible.

03-14-2023, 12:56 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

As an FYI, we are continuing to make tweaks to our firewall rules. If you get an unexpected 404 error, please let me know in this thread and please don't try resubmitting the request that generated the error.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2023, 03:41 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can only reach the site by VPN for a week now. What do I need to do?
03-14-2023, 06:15 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by dadengler Quote
I can only reach the site by VPN for a week now. What do I need to do?
Contact us as per this post:
Help: 404 error messages followed by inability to access PF - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: