Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2019, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Has something changed?

I haven't logged on in a little while, and I found that I can no longer sell items and my attachment quota has been reduced to below the size of the number of photos I've already uploaded over the years. I can't find anything on the website, but it seems like things have changed around here since I've been away. Any pointers?

Edit: It seems that all my likes have been removed as well.

11-19-2019, 07:56 AM   #2
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It looks like you just need to make another donation to gain access to the marketplace and increase your upload quota..
I think donations are only good for site access for one year, unless you pay for more.
11-19-2019, 08:06 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
It looks like you just need to make another donation to gain access to the marketplace and increase your upload quota..
I think donations are only good for site access for one year, unless you pay for more.
Yeah, I did see that. It used to be site policy that after some level achievement you didn't have to make any more donations. I was Site Supporter for a while, then I was Pentaxian (I think), then I was Veteran Member. If you now have to donate regardless of your achievements, that's good to know. I don't have anything to sell right now, but after Flickr screwed me over, I don't have any online hosting for my photos, so I was going to attach one to a post. That's when I discovered that my quota had been drastically reduced.
11-19-2019, 08:14 AM   #4
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Designosophy Quote
that after some level achievement you didn't have to make any more donations.
Interesting - that's news to me. However, the donations are cheap enough and the benefits are great!

11-19-2019, 08:33 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, I did see that. It used to be site policy that after some level achievement you didn't have to make any more donations. I was Site Supporter for a while, then I was Pentaxian (I think), then I was Veteran Member. If you now have to donate regardless of your achievements, that's good to know. I don't have anything to sell right now, but after Flickr screwed me over, I don't have any online hosting for my photos, so I was going to attach one to a post. That's when I discovered that my quota had been drastically reduced.
The issue is that you didn't log in for a long time and so your likes went away. Likes and number of posts are what is needed to keep Marketplace access without a donation. I'm going to say that 6 months of inactivity makes those likes go away?
11-19-2019, 08:34 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've not been around as long as some, but for my entire time with the site [ I thought ] the marketplace was donation only except if you shopped using affiliate links; there is a formula to get access based on the $ spent which indirectly is a donation. Quotas for images I do think had some levels that allowed more access to space based on participation level.

Edit: Read a few posts further for more accurate info.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 11-19-2019 at 09:05 AM.
11-19-2019, 08:39 AM   #7
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
so your likes went away.
That is a curious feature....

11-19-2019, 08:40 AM   #8
Pentaxian

You've lost your Pentaxian status due to inactivity. Once you get 75 likes and stay active it will be restored.
11-19-2019, 09:01 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Note that users who have earned the rank of "Pentaxian" must log in at least once every 2 months, or make a post at least once every 4 months in order to maintain the status. Re-attaining the likes criteria after sufficient forum activity will restore the status.
Need More Photo Space? Donation info / Account Comparison (Pentaxian/Site Supporter) - PentaxForums.com
11-19-2019, 09:06 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It appears I was mistaken. I have edited my post.
11-19-2019, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The issue is that you didn't log in for a long time and so your likes went away. Likes and number of posts are what is needed to keep Marketplace access without a donation. I'm going to say that 6 months of inactivity makes those likes go away?
Wow! I was unaware of this fickle feature of the forums. 8.5 years of continued activity essentially gone after half a year of inactivity. Time flies when you're too busy to post on the forum.
11-19-2019, 12:08 PM - 1 Like   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Wow! I was unaware of this fickle feature of the forums. 8.5 years of continued activity essentially gone after half a year of inactivity. Time flies when you're too busy to post on the forum.
Not quite- if and when you regain the requisite number of likes, all of your old ones will automatically be restored.

That said, free account perks are for active users. It's much easier to regain status than to earn it in the first place, but we don't want inactive users to log in just to sell things.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-19-2019, 01:31 PM   #13
Pentaxian

That said, free account perks are for active users. It's much easier to regain status than to earn it in the first place, but we don't want inactive users to log in just to sell things.
That makes sense.
11-19-2019, 02:57 PM - 2 Likes   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not quite- if and when you regain the requisite number of likes, all of your old ones will automatically be restored.

You learn something every day. Well, every 9 years in this case, but you know what I mean.
11-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You learn something every day. Well, every 9 years in this case, but you know what I mean.
Great quote...lol. Worth a like for sure!