Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2020, 09:53 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

I have had (mostly) nothing but good experiences buying and selling here, btw. But I do self-filter sellers I find questionable or unknown for bigger ticket items. (If you experienced sketchy behavior from people with good feedback and significant track records I'd be surprised.) And as a seller, I have waved off buyers before. But that was because they were being sketchy or I was going to be put at additional risk -- I'd never just sell to someone else mid-transaction or raise a price.

02-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I seem to recall that we had a thread or sticky on this topic, in response to similar feedback a few years ago. Luckily, such experiences do appear to be one-offs.

In any case, I agree that a friendly reminder on decorum and best practices can't hurt.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-14-2020, 10:40 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ivan Quote
I'm watching this topic. You're talking about morality. And you are told in response - what is not forbidden is allowed. I hope Yandex translated correctly.
Actually I'm talking about ethics, which often gets confused for morality, but is actually different.
02-14-2020, 11:01 AM   #19
Pentaxian

In Russian, these are very similar concepts.But there are definitely differences.I'm not sure that you will be able to walk to all the depths of these concepts.Let it be as you say.In any case, I support you.

02-14-2020, 11:11 AM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, Marketplace cordiality is eroding. I have 157 Feedbacks here, so a lot of observations. I’ve had
  1. One Seller who (repeatedly) posted truthful but deceptive information
  2. One buyer who returned a (listed and shot as pristine) lens that looked like a Mastif had slobbered on it when I got it back, and vociferously protested when I tried to stand on the integrity of the photos and refuse his claim the lens arrived filthy.
  3. One Buyer who marked a deal Neutral because the item didn’t get to his home fast enough, as if Canada Post is my fault
  4. One potential Buyer who demanded I retake the photos and post them to flickr - only - in full size, hi-res..When I refused he demanded a steep discount. When I then refused to sell him the lens at all he threatened to “report” me
#’s 1., 2. and 4. are within the last year, but 3% jerks isn’t bad.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-14-2020 at 11:19 AM.