Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2020, 07:43 PM - 1 Like   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Request for curation function for gear reviews

It would be nice if we could log a curation request for a particular review section similar to the thread moderation request for regular threads. Example requests might include:
  • Addition of information for the description area or reporting of inaccurate descriptions
  • Suggestions and/or submissions for more appropriate photos of the gear being reviewed
  • Reporting of inaccurate, empty, meaningless, off-topic, non-Pentax, or "opaque" reviews as well as reviews consist mostly of links to outside videos and blog posts. It was one such review consisting solely of links to non-narrated examples on YouTube videos taken with a particular lens that triggered this thread.
Just a thought...

Steve

02-11-2020, 08:05 PM   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It would be nice if we could log a curation request for a particular review section similar to the thread moderation request for regular threads. Example requests might include:
  • Addition of information for the description area or reporting of inaccurate descriptions
  • Suggestions and/or submissions for more appropriate photos of the gear being reviewed
  • Reporting of inaccurate, empty, meaningless, off-topic, non-Pentax, or "opaque" reviews as well as reviews consist mostly of links to outside videos and blog posts. It was one such review consisting solely of links to non-narrated examples on YouTube videos taken with a particular lens that triggered this thread.
Just a thought...

Steve

I agree with this request...
02-11-2020, 10:47 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Is this specifically for the content of the reviews, or the entries as well? The latter is in the works so that we can collaboratively build up new specs for third-party lenses.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-11-2020, 11:15 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Is this specifically for the content of the reviews, or the entries as well?
I was thinking the entry. Problems with specific reviews might then be addressed as free text by number or by URL.

Steve

02-12-2020, 03:55 AM   #5
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

plus the ability to add additional photos of the specific lens/camera/gear if needed...
02-12-2020, 05:05 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I agree. I've come across a few junk reviews which aren't really reviews at all.
02-12-2020, 06:05 AM   #7
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree with Steve, also. I've seen reviews in the negative by what I assume are members who don't know what went wrong when they used their gear.
5 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

I don't think we can get into censoring reviews in any way. I've read poor reviews where it was clear that the user didn't know what they were doing or had a bad copy of a lens but if we start doing that then the whole reviews section loses all credibility.