Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2020, 11:01 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
noitification

Hi Team

In my notifications box I have one for " unapproved photo comment "
Why for one and when I open it it does not disappear after reading and heading back to the main page like when you read likes etc ?

dbs Dave

ps How can I stop email notifications I am on the site daily so dont really need an email notification.

I did find away to stop it but only does any new threads I answer not the ollder ones so basically I dont want /. need an email notificationt at all ..... thankyou

Last edited by dbs; 03-25-2020 at 11:07 PM.
03-25-2020, 11:06 PM   #2
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Suggestion, Dave, click on the relevant item in your subscriptions, then scroll up a bit and click on "clear notifications."
03-25-2020, 11:18 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Team

In my notifications box I have one for " unapproved photo comment "
Why for one and when I open it it does not disappear after reading and heading back to the main page like when you read likes etc ?

dbs Dave

ps How can I stop email notifications I am on the site daily so dont really need an email notification.

I did find away to stop it but only does any new threads I answer not the ollder ones so basically I dont want /. need an email notificationt at all ..... thankyou
You can control your existing e-mail notifications here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/subscription.php

I will check the unapproved comment and make it visible if needed. Could be an automated spam filter or something like that catching it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-26-2020, 12:51 AM   #4
dbs
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You can control your existing e-mail notifications here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/subscription.php

I will check the unapproved comment and make it visible if needed. Could be an automated spam filter or something like that catching it.
Hi Adam

I can stop any new thread notification ..I have been doing that for the last few months ... but I can not stop the emails for older answered threads that is what I would like to stop. as well.
The unapproved comment will not stop its in my notifications all the time

Thankyou

Dave

03-26-2020, 01:16 AM   #5
dbs
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Suggestion, Dave, click on the relevant item in your subscriptions, then scroll up a bit and click on "clear notifications."
Hi Photolady

Well I hit clear notifications and yes they are all gone so I will now have to re-find them to answer and comment on the thread.s I frequent

All I wanted to stop is the email notification on all notifications I had to ask for it when I started but I relise that I don't need the email notification part so thats all I would like to cease.

Thankyou

Dave
03-26-2020, 01:44 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Hi Photolady

Well I hit clear notifications and yes they are all gone so I will now have to re-find them to answer and comment on the thread.s I frequent

All I wanted to stop is the email notification on all notifications I had to ask for it when I started but I relise that I don't need the email notification part so thats all I would like to cease.

Thankyou

Dave
You can do that on the page I linked- select the threads you have e-mail subscriptions for, and then change the notification preference to user cp only.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-26-2020, 02:41 AM   #7
dbs
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi Adam & Phoyolady

Thankyou

I'm working it out now , computers and Dave .are not a good mix.

Dave
03-26-2020, 02:45 AM   #8
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I misunderstood, I thought you wanted the notification on site, not in emails. But I do have to say clearing notifications does not make the subscriptions disappear, it just clears the notification on the index page of the forum.

03-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #9
dbs
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I misunderstood, I thought you wanted the notification on site, not in emails. But I do have to say clearing notifications does not make the subscriptions disappear, it just clears the notification on the index page of the forum.
Hi Photolady

All good now thankyou

Dave
03-26-2020, 09:02 AM   #10
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Photolady

All good now thankyou

Dave
You're welcome and glad to hear it's better now too.