Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Days Ago   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
noitification

Hi Team

In my notifications box I have one for " unapproved photo comment "
Why for one and when I open it it does not disappear after reading and heading back to the main page like when you read likes etc ?

dbs Dave

ps How can I stop email notifications I am on the site daily so dont really need an email notification.

I did find away to stop it but only does any new threads I answer not the ollder ones so basically I dont want /. need an email notificationt at all ..... thankyou

Last edited by dbs; 6 Days Ago at 11:07 PM.
6 Days Ago   #2
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Suggestion, Dave, click on the relevant item in your subscriptions, then scroll up a bit and click on "clear notifications."
6 Days Ago   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Team

In my notifications box I have one for " unapproved photo comment "
Why for one and when I open it it does not disappear after reading and heading back to the main page like when you read likes etc ?

dbs Dave

ps How can I stop email notifications I am on the site daily so dont really need an email notification.

I did find away to stop it but only does any new threads I answer not the ollder ones so basically I dont want /. need an email notificationt at all ..... thankyou
You can control your existing e-mail notifications here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/subscription.php

I will check the unapproved comment and make it visible if needed. Could be an automated spam filter or something like that catching it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

6 Days Ago   #4
dbs
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You can control your existing e-mail notifications here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/subscription.php

I will check the unapproved comment and make it visible if needed. Could be an automated spam filter or something like that catching it.
Hi Adam

I can stop any new thread notification ..I have been doing that for the last few months ... but I can not stop the emails for older answered threads that is what I would like to stop. as well.
The unapproved comment will not stop its in my notifications all the time

Thankyou

Dave

6 Days Ago   #5
dbs
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Suggestion, Dave, click on the relevant item in your subscriptions, then scroll up a bit and click on "clear notifications."
Hi Photolady

Well I hit clear notifications and yes they are all gone so I will now have to re-find them to answer and comment on the thread.s I frequent

All I wanted to stop is the email notification on all notifications I had to ask for it when I started but I relise that I don't need the email notification part so thats all I would like to cease.

Thankyou

Dave
6 Days Ago   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Hi Photolady

Well I hit clear notifications and yes they are all gone so I will now have to re-find them to answer and comment on the thread.s I frequent

All I wanted to stop is the email notification on all notifications I had to ask for it when I started but I relise that I don't need the email notification part so thats all I would like to cease.

Thankyou

Dave
You can do that on the page I linked- select the threads you have e-mail subscriptions for, and then change the notification preference to user cp only.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

6 Days Ago   #7
dbs
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi Adam & Phoyolady

Thankyou

I'm working it out now , computers and Dave .are not a good mix.

Dave
6 Days Ago   #8
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I misunderstood, I thought you wanted the notification on site, not in emails. But I do have to say clearing notifications does not make the subscriptions disappear, it just clears the notification on the index page of the forum.

5 Days Ago   #9
dbs
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I misunderstood, I thought you wanted the notification on site, not in emails. But I do have to say clearing notifications does not make the subscriptions disappear, it just clears the notification on the index page of the forum.
Hi Photolady

All good now thankyou

Dave
5 Days Ago   #10
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Photolady

All good now thankyou

Dave
You're welcome and glad to hear it's better now too.