Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2020, 04:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

WYSIWYG Editor

I recently noticed that when writing posts, it's now a WYSIWYG editor rather than the BBCode I'm used to. For example when writing the tags are not there but their action is, so instead of seeing "[i]italics here[/i]" I'm now seeing "italics here". This is getting particularly irritating when the images are suddenly displaying in the editor box, and there's just not really room for it. Could this have been caused by changing the browser I'm using? Or was there a recent system change? I've looked through the settings in the user control panel, but I'm not seeing anything I can change... Thanks

07-01-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
WYSIWYG Editor
Hi bertwert,

Sounds like the same setup to me. Consider that I was absent for over a year, when I came back I found some embarrassment in writing some lines of text.
To me it seems like before, you can insert both bbcode tags (from the button panel above) and manually in the editor to mark certain phrases or links, I write from Google,
obviously I could be wrong.
07-01-2020, 06:09 PM - 1 Like   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That seems strange. I have the WYSIWYG Editor selected in my User CP and I see the BB code.[I]text here[/I].
What browser?
07-01-2020, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That seems strange. I have the WYSIWYG Editor selected in my User CP and I see the BB code.[I]text here[/I].
What browser?
I have the "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls" selected and that is what I see as I type this comment. (Firefox for Windows)

Steve

07-01-2020, 07:29 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
WYSIWYG Editor selected in my User CP
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I have the "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls" selected and that is what I see as I type this comment. (Firefox for Windows)

Selected in User CP....?

Well, silly me, I just did another thorough look through there, and found the option to change...

It was set to WYSIWYG, which presumably in Chrome was not actually giving a WYSIWYG editor.
Now changed to Standard Editor, on Firefox, things are back as they should be
07-01-2020, 07:44 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Indeed it varies from browser to browser, and I believe (for legacy reasons) that the full editor is disabled in Chrome due to compatibility issues. I use the full wysiwyg editor in firefox. But, if you want to see the raw bbcode, you can always click on the "AA" button in the upper-right corner of the editor.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: