Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2020, 06:03 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Legacy Kit Reviews in Current Kit Categories

Recently looking for reviews of older hammerhead flash units for buying advice, I happened luckily to discover reviews of the Sunpak 555 (in which I was quite interested) in the current equipment area Flashes (Third-party) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database rather than the legacy area. In fact it had two reviews, both quite recent, although the "stub" of the review may have been there longer. I'm pretty sure that the Sunpak 555 has not been in production for a long time, and looking at some of the other items supposedly still in production, there is other legacy stuff there - a Sunpak 442D, a Vivitar Ring flash, and a Focal M500C for example.

Apart from the desirability of moving this stuff into its correct place (and I suppose ordinary users don't have the ability to do so), I wonder if it makes sense to separate the non-Pentax kit into current and legacy. Things are always moving on and todays models soon become legacy. It does not help that legacy equipment is grouped on the review index pages a long way down from the current equivalent, seen for example in Pentax Accessories - Flashes, Tripods, Grips - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database .

I eventually bought a Sunpak 544 and have put a review in the correct Legacy Flash area, so it is sadly separate from its close brother the 555 in the current equipment area.

07-07-2020, 11:03 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the catch- I've gone ahead and moved then. In the long term I think the ideal solution would be something sortable, similar to our new lens search. That way we can list everything while showing only the most relevant results initially:
Pentax Lens Search | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: