Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The change to/from DST (aka Summer time) problem is a world wide problem. Seems everyone wants their own Summer Time. Here in Oz we've got 5 different time zones -which drops back to 3 during winter. Its a nightmare me thinks!

Micro$oft have released patches for WinXP/Vista and if you've applied them the forum time/PC will be wrong until the forum server (probably Apache on a Linux system - is that correct Adam?) catches up at what used to be the normal change over time. The server will usually have to be patched, and thats not trivial as it will require a reboot.

You just have to grit your teeth and carry on.....

11-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, I see the same thing ever since we went to Daylight Savings time a few weeks ago...

Chris
11-12-2008, 11:42 PM   #18
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You have not kept up with the appropriate patches

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
US changed the start date of DST last year, but Microsoft software hasn't accommodated the change. If you are using Windows your calendar keeps attempting to reset the time to non-DST - it's even worse if you have a Client-Server network.

I disabled auto-DST-time detect on the server, set the correct time manually and let the client machines catch up.

If you use a free-standing machine, disable auto detect and set the time manually.
Wrong - MS came out with a fix for All NT based OS's several months before Mr. Bush decided to change the USA's time for going to DST in 2005. So the patch has been out there for three (3) years and you have not figured out how to get it to work? I even got the patch for my PDA running WinCE 3.0 (stopped being able to update in 2002 for heavens sake).

Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center

Edit: The patch is/was part of XP sp3, 2003 server sp2 and sp1 for Vista.

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL

Last edited by PDL; 11-12-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: sp3 stuff
11-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MoiVous Quote
The change to/from DST (aka Summer time) problem is a world wide problem. Seems everyone wants their own Summer Time. Here in Oz we've got 5 different time zones -which drops back to 3 during winter. Its a nightmare me thinks!
I just found out recently that China has ONE time zone!! It's bloody huge! Crazy.