Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-01-2020, 02:04 AM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Forums blocked due to HTTPS error

I can no longer open the PF website on my work computer on Firefox or Edge due to certificate issues. It works fine at home.

09-01-2020, 06:28 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Rob, the thread linked below may help with your issue. Good luck.

Help: 404 error messages followed by inability to access PF - PentaxForums.com
09-04-2020, 03:11 AM - 1 Like   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Rob, the thread linked below may help with your issue. Good luck.
Thanks! I think the real issue is that the website has been blocked by the corporate firewall. I've asked the IT people to check if this is the case. I can't imagine why the site would be blocked, but I don't get a "site blocked" message, I get an HTTPS fault. Most sites use HTTPS these days and others work. The only other option I can think of is that the PF HTTPS site certificate is out of date or invalid. But the site works from home without an error.
09-04-2020, 03:34 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Thanks! I think the real issue is that the website has been blocked by the corporate firewall. I've asked the IT people to check if this is the case. I can't imagine why the site would be blocked, but I don't get a "site blocked" message, I get an HTTPS fault. Most sites use HTTPS these days and others work. The only other option I can think of is that the PF HTTPS site certificate is out of date or invalid. But the site works from home without an error.
Could you please PM me the problematic IP? It's possible that it's blocked by the firewall on our end (though in this case you'd see a 401 message rather than an SSL error, which would indeed be indicative of some other type of block or a malfunctioning corporate proxy).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-05-2020, 07:34 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Could you please PM me the problematic IP? It's possible that it's blocked by the firewall on our end (though in this case you'd see a 401 message rather than an SSL error, which would indeed be indicative of some other type of block or a malfunctioning corporate proxy).
I'm not sure what the best method would be for finding the public IP of the office, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks Adam!
09-05-2020, 03:20 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
I'm not sure what the best method would be for finding the public IP of the office, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks Adam!
A google search for "what's my IP" should do the trick, when you're connected to the office network.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-06-2020, 03:25 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
A google search for "what's my IP" should do the trick, when you're connected to the office network.
The site magically works again today. I haven't had a notice that the support job I logged with our IT team is closed, but I suspect that they have unblocked the site.