Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-13-2020, 09:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Possible to Print/Save a PM Thread?

So, I had a really bad day today and my LX got ruined in shipping: Sent LX out for Repair, Got Destroyed by FedEx, what's Next? - PentaxForums.com

I am now trying to go through the FedEx claims system, and it seems that they would need some sort of original proof of value (like a transaction record or invoice). However, my LX was bought through the marketplace, and the communications happened via PM, and transaction was done over PayPal. I wonder is it allowed to actually save a copy of the original PM as a file, so that I can file together with the PayPal payment receipt for the claim? If this is allowed, how can I do it? I didn't see any "print" options on the PM page. So I just want to ask before doing anything.

10-14-2020, 02:16 AM - 1 Like   #2
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by butangmucat Quote
I am now trying to go through the FedEx claims system, and it seems that they would need some sort of original proof of value (like a transaction record or invoice).
Hi butangmucat,

You should initiate a dispute contacting (by phone if possible) Paypal and explaining why, and then advise what action they should or you should take against FedEx.

Paypal always has a copy of the sales contract (PDF) that you can download from the site.

All the best, Mario
10-14-2020, 05:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Hi butangmucat,

You should initiate a dispute contacting (by phone if possible) Paypal and explaining why, and then advise what action they should or you should take against FedEx.

Paypal always has a copy of the sales contract (PDF) that you can download from the site.

All the best, Mario
Sorry for the lack of context here:
- I purchased a LX two years ago from a forum member via the marketplace, and we finished the transaction directly over PayPal transfer
- Recently it developed a fault, and I am sending it out for a CLA
- FedEx destroyed my camera when I am shipping it to the repair shop

I forgot to put in notes that the specific transfer is for that LX, so I would also need the PM to be submitted together with the PayPal transaction record, in order to prove the value of that LX and hold FedEx liable (they require the submission of proof-of-value document for the claims to process). It is not a dispute with a forum member, rather it is that I need the communication to help resolve a claim that holds FedEx liable.

Sincerely
10-14-2020, 06:02 AM - 1 Like   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Go to "Private Messages" and check the box next to the message you want to print.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Download as XML from the dropdown next to "Selected Messages" and click Go.
Save the file and then you can print it, attach it to emails, whatever.

Attached Images

10-14-2020, 08:21 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
BTW, The reason I suggested XML vs text or CSV is there is information in it that shows it's a actual copy of something as opposed to something you could create yourself.
10-14-2020, 10:03 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IMO the easiest way would just be to open the PM and print out the PDF.

However, wouldn't the paypal receipt be a better document to include? This should still be in your paypal account and/or e-mail inbox.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-14-2020, 03:56 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Screenshots will probably do, Butangmucat.

Sorry to hear about the mess.

10-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
IMO the easiest way would just be to open the PM and print out the PDF.

However, wouldn't the paypal receipt be a better document to include? This should still be in your paypal account and/or e-mail inbox.
I actually need both because I forgot to put message in that transfer indicating that it was for the LX.