Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2021, 02:39 PM   #1

Honeywell spotmatic identification

I have a HONEYWELL SPOTMATIC serial number 2321728. Can anyone tell me what model SPOTMATIC it is and approximately what year built?

01-27-2021, 03:57 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Have you looked here ?

Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com
01-27-2021, 04:38 PM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by leicam-3 Quote
I. . . Can anyone tell me what model SPOTMATIC it is . . .
as far as what type, model - a look here

Pentax M42 Screwmount Film SLRs - Pentax Pentax Film Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

the links you will find there has descriptions and photos

be sure to let us know what it is

Pentax Spotmatic

Pentax Spotmatic II

Pentax Spotmatic IIa

Pentax Spotmatic F

Pentax Electro Spotmatic

a quick search on the net:

QuoteQuote:
. . . The first Spotmatic to be introduced by Pentax was in fact the Spotmatic SP, in 1964. It was one of the very earliest SLRs to include through-the-lens metering. The Spotmatic SL was also introduced then, which was exactly like the SP, but without the metering. The name Spotmatic was aimed at the original design of the camera, which was to use a spot metering system. But even though the design changed, the name remained due to the already produced marketing materials.

Like many manufacturers it was incorporated into the M42 lens mount system, for maximum compatibility.

Other Spotmatic cameras followed, especially in the 1970s. This includes the SPII, SPIIa, SP F and even auto exposure models the ES and ES II. The SP though, in a nine year production cycle established Pentax as a serious maker in the SLR market and won over many fans.. .

https://www.photothinking.com/2021-01-01-pentax-spotmatic-sp-pentax-marks-the-spot/

another source:

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Pentax_Spotmatic

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-27-2021 at 04:52 PM.
01-28-2021, 01:45 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by leicam-3 Quote
I have a HONEYWELL SPOTMATIC serial number 2321728. Can anyone tell me what model SPOTMATIC it is and approximately what year built?
The model will be engraved on the top plate.

Pentax serial numbers don't coincide with an exact production date, however once you know the model you can get the production range here: Pentax M42 Screwmount Film SLRs - Pentax Pentax Film Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications