Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2021, 07:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Creating a poll with images from another thread and "blurbs"

Hi Adam,

Is there an easy tutorial on how to make a poll copying select images from another thread? I'm asking in relation in the "Something Special about that Lens" contest, but I realize this is a question that might be of general interest.

Specific to what I am trying to do, is it possible to also add a short "blurb" to go with each image in the poll? As noted by a few participants, not all the images had explanations on what make the lenses special. So I want to "reward" those who did make the effort if their images have enough likes to make it by summarizing their blurbs when I create the poll.

Thanks

02-28-2021, 08:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Creating the poll thread itself is mostly going to be a manual process, but you can drag-and-drop the images to make things easier. Number the images starting from 1.

Then, once the post is ready, check the checkbox next to "Check this box to post a poll with this thread" to add a poll, specify the number of options, and submit. The next page will pre-fill entry numbers so you won't need to do anything else other than specify a poll title/instructions.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: