Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-02-2021, 05:25 PM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What constitutes a post for the purpose of the competitions?

If I look at "My Activity", I've made six posts, but the competition thread says I've made none. Does a reply to a post not count as a post? In the past, posts in special interest forums didn't count. But replies to posts (even if they're my own) in "Post your photos" should count?

05-02-2021, 05:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The timer clicks over to the next day at midnight GMT, and you have to do six posts in that day. In the case here, that was 55 minutes ago at the time of writing, so I would guess you made those six posts "yesterday".
05-02-2021, 06:56 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
The timer clicks over to the next day at midnight GMT, and you have to do six posts in that day. In the case here, that was 55 minutes ago at the time of writing, so I would guess you made those six posts "yesterday".
OK, perhaps that ought to be in the original post in the thread. Presumably that means that I have over 12 posts during the last 24 hours in the GMT zone rather than 6 last night and 6 today in GMT+10. I guess I'll have to stop reading PF in the morning.
05-03-2021, 06:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The clock gets reset at GMT+0. I think that would've something to do with your problem. You probably tried to enter the next day after having qualified the previous day.

05-08-2021, 04:41 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

it is a bit confusing but very manageable,
I know I have another 20min till my "new" day will start.....
05-08-2021, 07:05 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jhaji Quote
The clock gets reset at GMT+0. I think that would've something to do with your problem. You probably tried to enter the next day after having qualified the previous day.
Yep, QED. However, the cause wasn't obvious in the absence of the GMT explanation.

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
it is a bit confusing but very manageable,
I know I have another 20min till my "new" day will start.....
I guess it would be a bit easier in Perth? I just have to try to be patient to wait until lunch to check the forums.
05-08-2021, 07:14 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
I guess it would be a bit easier in Perth? I just have to try to be patient to wait until lunch to check the forums.
I know what you mean there, for me the new day is at 1800, but I've got nothing* better to do all day except browse the forum so by the time 1800 rolls around, I'm pretty close to posted out

*that isn't strictly true, there's tons of things I should be doing...

05-08-2021, 07:24 PM   #8

Replies in some sections like voting or nominating in contests (I believe) don't count towards giveaways. You'd have to check with Adam on exactly which sections are excepted.
05-08-2021, 08:21 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I know what you mean there, for me the new day is at 1800, but I've got nothing* better to do all day except browse the forum so by the time 1800 rolls around, I'm pretty close to posted out

*that isn't strictly true, there's tons of things I should be doing...
Ouch! That timing sucks.