Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
06-20-2021, 05:00 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Crossing to the dark side…

Hi Adam,

I like the dark theme on the mobile version of the forum and wonder if it could be extended to also being an option for the full size version. All that white space has a tendency to sear my eyeballs if I spend much time viewing the forum. Thanks in advance for considering.

Last edited by southlander; 06-20-2021 at 05:05 AM.
06-20-2021, 05:04 AM - 3 Likes   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
At the bottom left of the page is Style Selector from which you can choose many options.
06-20-2021, 05:21 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you. My eyes appreciate the options available. Interestingly, the Selector option does not appear on the home page which is where I was looking!

Nor does selection of a theme appear to affect the home page, although I don’t rate that a major issue.
06-20-2021, 05:27 AM - 1 Like   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Thank you. My eyes appreciate the options available. Interestingly, the Selector option does not appear on the home page which is where I was looking!

Nor does selection of a theme appear to affect the home page, although I don’t rate that a major issue.
Most welcome.
In your User Control Panel under Edit Options, there is also Miscellaneous Options which allows you to select a different Forum Skin.

06-20-2021, 06:47 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, certainly well tucked away but gone there to set theme preference as that should be more persistent than clicking the Style Selector, where I presume the selection is stored in a cookie and would be lost when the cookie expires or is deleted in a periodic browser history cleanse.
06-20-2021, 08:16 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Thanks, certainly well tucked away but gone there to set theme preference as that should be more persistent than clicking the Style Selector, where I presume the selection is stored in a cookie and would be lost when the cookie expires or is deleted in a periodic browser history cleanse.
The selection persists in the site database unless browsing while logged out.

Steve
06-20-2021, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Wow... THANK YOU for asking a most useful questions that had never occurred to me.. and.. THANKS for the most useful replies....!! I just moved over to try the "Dark Side", and am loving it...!! (Sounds of Darth Vader sucking wind)