Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2021, 02:44 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Use non-breaking space between symbol and descriptor of forums

Would it be possible to use a non-breaking space between the lens symbol (which is either bold or flat depending on if there are new posts) and the title of sub forums, like for example in the "DSLR-Specific Forums" section?

As it is at the moment, depending on resolution and zoom setting the name of the subforum can be in another line than the lens symbol which shows if there are new posts in that section. For me that means that at the end of one line there will be the lens symbol showing if there are new posts for the K-70 section, but the text "Pentax K-70" will be in a new line, so there's a break in the connection between the two. It would help a little with clarity if that would not be possible, by using a non-breaking space instead of a regular one (or some other white space character) between the two.

06-29-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The solution was a bit more subtle than just adding a space, but I've gone ahead and applied a fix to help prevent these orphan icons. Great suggestion!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-30-2021, 01:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you I don't know any other place where someone takes as much care of the little things as you do here