Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-21-2021, 03:36 AM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Links for firmware

Hi, how about putting a link to the latest firmware in the Forum information for each DSLR? I just searched through several articles in the forums about new firmware for the K3iii but found no links to the actual firmware. If I go to the Ricoh global website and select my region (Oceania) then Australia, I am redirected to the CRK website which has NO links to firmware. I have to go to the US website to find firmware or software downloads. I understand that the USA is a big market, but what about us poor sods in other lands? It shouldn't be this hard.
PS There's no sticky in the K3iii forum pointing to the firmware updates either.

07-21-2021, 05:11 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sounds like your complaint should be directed to Ricoh. Why not give them a shout?
Meanwhile all the firmware is available here:
Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
07-21-2021, 05:22 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Sounds like your complaint should be directed to Ricoh. Why not give them a shout?
I have, but this site is ostensibly to help Pentaxians. It doesn't sound like an unreasonable idea to have a sticky at the top of each camera-specific forum to the firmware location for that camera. The K3iii forum has a sticky link to the manual but not the firmware.

Pentax Australia just posted the link on Facebook, so I suggested that it would be nice if they had download links on their website.

QuoteQuote:
Meanwhile all the firmware is available here
Thanks - that link is better than the one I found because it's the global site not the US one. I tried the global site first, but I couldn't switch it from 日本語 (Japanese) to English. Although I speak quite a bit of Japanese, reading it is a completely different challenge.
07-21-2021, 06:04 AM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
I tried the global site first, but I couldn't switch it from 日本語 (Japanese) to English.
Hey Rob, you need to click on the dropbox and select English.......

Attached Images

07-21-2021, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hey Rob, you need to click on the dropbox and select English.......
The. drop. box. did. not. work. I am very familiar with Japanese websites that have language selection.

PS I realise that you are simply trying to be helpful.
07-23-2021, 06:18 PM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Hi, how about putting a link to the latest firmware in the Forum information for each DSLR? I just searched through several articles in the forums about new firmware for the K3iii but found no links to the actual firmware. If I go to the Ricoh global website and select my region (Oceania) then Australia, I am redirected to the CRK website which has NO links to firmware. I have to go to the US website to find firmware or software downloads. I understand that the USA is a big market, but what about us poor sods in other lands? It shouldn't be this hard.
PS There's no sticky in the K3iii forum pointing to the firmware updates either.
Every firmware announcement post has a link to the download page to that camera. A search for "Pentax K-3 III firmware" on the homepage would do the trick, for example, because the results are shown in chronological order.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-07-23 181751.png
Views: 55
Size:  30.9 KB

There are also links from each camera database page (in the specs table) as well as the camera comparison:

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-25-2021, 06:32 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Every firmware announcement post has a link to the download page to that camera. A search for "Pentax K-3 III firmware" on the homepage would do the trick, for example, because the results are shown in chronological order.
OK, but why have a sticky on the K3iii forum for the manual but not the firmware?

I did do a search, but apparently from the wrong place since I searched in the K3iii forum I believe.

QuoteQuote:
OK, I looked, but I missed the link in the "Interfacing" cell. This is the sort of thing I was asking for, but it's a bit hard to spot. Thanks, now I know where to look.

07-25-2021, 10:27 PM - 1 Like   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

A useful page to bookmark might be this one. You'll find news about all recent updates there:

Firmware Updates | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: