Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-26-2021, 06:05 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why do threads for the Price Watch section get reviewed before being posted?

As it says in the title, I'm just curious why new threads in Price Watch get reviewed by a mod before being posted when all other posts go straight in. Nothing sinister intended in my question.........just genuinely curious. Thanks.

11-26-2021, 06:23 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
As it says in the title, I'm just curious why new threads in Price Watch get reviewed by a mod before being posted when all other posts go straight in. Nothing sinister intended in my question.........just genuinely curious. Thanks.
Hi Carl, no offence taken, it's a great question and glad you asked.

The Pentax Price Watch sub-forum is a part of The Photographer's Marketplace forum, so money changing hands occurs which Adam wants to make sure that no harm comes to the members. When a thread is posted for approval, it is vetted by the mod team to make sure it is a genuine deal, and not a thread posted by a potential scammer.

Ordinarily, threads posted without a link are deleted, but as I (being Aussie myself) know the site well, I put the link in your thread for you.

Hope this explanation helps.
11-26-2021, 06:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Carl, no offence taken, it's a great question and glad you asked.

The Pentax Price Watch sub-forum is a part of The Photographer's Marketplace forum, so money changing hands occurs which Adam wants to make sure that no harm comes to the members. When a thread is posted for approval, it is vetted by the mod team to make sure it is a genuine deal, and not a thread posted by a potential scammer.

Ordinarily, threads posted without a link are deleted, but as I (being Aussie myself) know the site well, I put the link in your thread for you.

Hope this explanation helps.
Oops, I forgot about a link. Thanks.
11-26-2021, 06:41 PM   #4
Closed Account

Oops, I forgot about a link. Thanks.
Most welcome.

This thread is actually very timely, because we have had to delete a few threads just this week because of missing links.
With the " silly season " approaching, lots of deals are being offered by different players now.
So folks, if you see a great deal you want to share, please give the link in the thread.

11-26-2021, 07:50 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Most welcome.

This thread is actually very timely, because we have had to delete a few threads just this week because of missing links.
With the " silly season " approaching, lots of deals are being offered by different players now.
So folks, if you see a great deal you want to share, please give the link in the thread.
Cheers Peter, I've also added a link to the Camera Electronic deal. Now I just have to try and resist........
11-26-2021, 07:53 PM   #6
Closed Account

Now I just have to try and resist........
Good luck on that, mate................................
11-28-2021, 08:22 PM   #7
Closed Account

When a thread is posted for approval, it is vetted by the mod team to make sure it is a genuine deal, and not a thread posted by a potential scammer.
Just as a clarification for those that post deals, if there is no moderator online at the time your thread is posted for approval, or we are attending to other issues, the thread will sit awaiting approval. Either of the above reasons is why you don't see an immediate posting of your thread.....so please be understanding and patient.

If your Price Watch thread doesn't appear within a reasonable time, it has most likely been deleted by us due to a missing link, or we deem the deal to be a little too dodgey with regards to the seller. We won't approve anything that may prove a risk to the members.

12-04-2021, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

If your Price Watch thread doesn't appear within a reasonable time, it has most likely been deleted by us
If you think it may have been deleted you can look under "Latest moderator actions on your posts/threads" in your User CP. If your post was edited or deleted it will be listed there.