Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2021, 09:00 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Help accessing the forum?

Hello,

For the past few days I have not been able to access the forum. It shows as unreachable or not available. I simply thought the site was down because every other site is working fine. I tried pc, laptop, and tablet with same results. Cleared cache, rebooted, power cycled network system and router etc. Still the same.
Today I tried on the phone and it worked! To my surprise I connected the laptop to the phone's hotspot and it did work. That's how I'm here now. So the issue seems to be only when connected to my main service provider.
I have power cycled all network hardware and everything seems to be ok. All other sites I'm trying are working. This is the only site not working (and I can't live without it ).
Before calling my ISP (and listen to music hold for hours), any idea what to do next? Anything I may have missed?

Thanks,
Ismael

12-03-2021, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I've had troubles with the forum the last day or two as well. Was very slow but eventually loaded, so it's possible that's your problem? It's working fine for me today.

Alternatively your IP address could be blocked, if you have a dynamic IP through your ISP, you could reboot your router and it may change, allowing you to access the forums.

See this post here for some more info on that:
Help: 404 error messages followed by inability to access PF - PentaxForums.com
12-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The sticky above should have all the answers and possible workarounds- that said, if you do see an unexpected 404 error, the best thing to do is e-mail us so we can help determine exactly what was flagged and how to avoid it. Also, your original IPs should now be unblocked

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-03-2021, 02:38 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
THANK YOU!
It's working now! I realized (confirmed) I can't live without this forum

Thanks,
Ismael

12-03-2021, 04:12 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Today I got a message my account was blocked, after seeing messages yesterday the site was unavailable.

Ultimately I closed my browser and all open tabs, and started fresh with a google search as opposed to a bookmark, and got right in