Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2022, 12:36 AM   #1
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Photo search for HD-DA 1.4x rear converter and lens with K-3 III

Below is a composite of 4 screenshots of lenses used in conjunction with the rear converter from the Photo Sample Search.
As has been noted by some K-3 III users previously that the EXIF is incorrect, but this anomaly means the same camera/converter/lens combo has images spread out over multiple groupings instead of all being together.
Not sure whether anything can be done to fix this in the search system with a manual tweak, but bringing it to forum attention anyway.

Edit - There are other combinations affected, but these are the most common lenses used with the rear converter on the K-3 III.

Attached Images

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 01-10-2022 at 01:39 AM.
01-08-2022, 06:25 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Am not following what's listed there. 224x converter for instance? I'd believe 1.4x as that's a real converter that exists. Please explain, because I'm stumped.
01-08-2022, 07:58 AM - 1 Like   #3
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Am not following what's listed there. 224x converter for instance? I'd believe 1.4x as that's a real converter that exists. Please explain, because I'm stumped.
The K-3 III has a minor bug when using the 1.4x rear converter, in that it can register the wrong magnification of the converter in the EXIF data.
The forum software saves every image posted using the camera supplied EXIF data, thereby allowing each image to be searched using the search function.
The 224x converter you used as an example, is an error from the camera used, but the system has recorded it as a genuine combo. Not all K-3 III's are registering the 1.4x converter as being 1.4x........
01-08-2022, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
The K-3 III has a minor bug when using the 1.4x rear converter, in that it can register the wrong magnification of the converter in the EXIF data.
The forum software saves every image posted using the camera supplied EXIF data, thereby allowing each image to be searched using the search function.
The 224x converter you used as an example, is an error from the camera used, but the system has recorded it as a genuine combo. Not all K-3 III's are registering the 1.4x converter as being 1.4x........
Thanks! I learn something new here almost every day!
Sounds like some firmware updates are yet to be installed in people's cameras.

01-13-2022, 02:56 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We can definitely do a little cleanup of this data- that shouldn't be particularly hard. Do you know which firmware version resolved this issue?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-13-2022, 06:00 PM   #6
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We can definitely do a little cleanup of this data- that shouldn't be particularly hard.
I was confident you would be able to do some magic behind the scenes to fix this anomaly, Adam...........
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Do you know which firmware version resolved this issue?
Unfortunately, I have no personal experience with this minor bug because I don't have the stunning K-3 III. One day, maybe.
Perhaps one of members with the incorrect info in their EXIF data can tell you if and when the issue has been fixed.