Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2022, 10:48 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Firewall lock out?

2 days ago the site started missing threads then went away completely.
I just did a google " is pentax forums down" it said it wasn't.
More googling told me about the firewall and offered to fix it.
Just back now.

It may have happened to others as clueless as I was. If users seem gone the last 2 days it likely did.

It happened when I last posted.

02-12-2022, 11:16 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's quite possible. More info (and ways to avoid this issue) can be found in this thread:
Help: 404 error messages followed by inability to access PF - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-13-2022, 10:49 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's quite possible. More info (and ways to avoid this issue) can be found in this thread:
Help: 404 error messages followed by inability to access PF - PentaxForums.com
Thanks. That must have been it. I wish I had a way to find that when I was locked out.

I just discovered what caused it as it just happened again. I didn't repeat before I was locked out. The problem seems I copied the Embed instead of BBcode from Flickr. It might help others who try the same.
02-13-2022, 11:38 AM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Thanks. That must have been it. I wish I had a way to find that when I was locked out.

I just discovered what caused it as it just happened again. I didn't repeat before I was locked out. The problem seems I copied the Embed instead of BBcode from Flickr. It might help others who try the same.
That definitely sounds like something that would trigger it. I've added this example to the guide as well.

I've also started adding a few browser-based notices to help make users aware and this would be a good candidate as plenty of folks here use Flickr.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: