Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2022, 01:33 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Token Timeout

This is very frustrating.
QuoteQuote:
Your submission could not be processed because of a token timeout.
Please push the back button and reload the previous window.
It happens if you are a bit slow composing a comment, or if you are interrupted while doing so. What is infuriating is that your words are not saved, and it is the longer and more complex comments that are more likely to incur the timeout. I try to remember to save a copy of what I have written to a text editor before I do anything else, but sometimes forget.

Even if I have saved the text and refresh the page, it still tells me I have timed out. I dont suppose it is possible to modify the behaviour so that your comment is saved? In fact I do not understand the point of this feature at all - I have never encountered it on any other forum unless you take so long (hours, days) thaat you get logged out eventually.

Last edited by Lord Lucan; 02-14-2022 at 01:53 PM.
02-14-2022, 03:13 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a security mechanism that should never be triggered under normal browsing conditions, unless you happen to log in to a different account before submitting your post. Did you uncheck the "remember me" box when logging in, by any chance? If not, does your browser have any add-ons that might be blocking or modifying cookies?

Separately, the post editor does have a transparent auto-save function, but it's not designed to handle this kind of error. You may still see your drafted text if you clock on the back button, however.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: